Zziplex

suzook12

31 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

no i meant you'll see the brand trashed in "The Range" - not my range.....

although you might be on to something - we are looking for new categories and may tradespeople fish........ 

here's a tip for getting your meaning across. Capital letter!! 🤣 

Was never a Zzipplex fan myself…. 

My bro used to fish with a ZF250 and T Zero, I was a Daiwa fan, AWB129 and 126 myself 

17 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Was never a Zzipplex fan myself….

Same here ...........

For me, it has to be Century for shore and coarse rods ......... Daiwa for boat rods.

Although Julian Shambrook (who lives quite close to me) does do some excellent rods (AFAW)

2 minutes ago, DINOBOY said:

Such a shame Barbara isn’t passing it onto lee to carry on.  I’ve owned more zziplex rods than anything else over the years, they just felt right to me. 

Perhaps it’s just not viable as a business. We all know that the rods are top rated but how many they sell against the production cost and the associated overheads of running a small business is prohibitive. 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

Perhaps it’s just not viable as a business. We all know that the rods are top rated but how many they sell against the production cost and the associated overheads of running a small business is prohibitive. 

Demand has always outstripped supply with zziplex rods. But as you say I would suspect carbon cloth and resins prices have gone through the roof, the rods hold strong money secondhand too. 

Just now, DINOBOY said:

Demand has always outstripped supply with zziplex rods. But as you say I would suspect carbon cloth and resins prices have gone through the roof, the rods hold strong money secondhand too. 

Yeah but it’s not just the materials, business rates and the rent on the unit etc can be staggering as well.