School boy error and the one that got away - the actual catch report.

Andy135

20 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Next time, if you are drifting, one crew starts getting the other lines in and the skipper immediately starts chasing down the fish to keep line on the reel.

We have all been there, and it is easy with hind sight, but next time guarantee you will ‘chase it down’. 😉

Inwas going to say… it’s a phrase that doesn’t come out often my boat but “fire up the engine” is a phrase needed on times like this 😁😁😁😁

Live and learn and next time itlll be bigger for Leo to land 😁😁😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Inwas going to say… it’s a phrase that doesn’t come out often my boat but “fire up the engine” is a phrase needed on times like this 😁😁😁😁

Live and learn and next time itlll be bigger for Leo to land 😁😁😁😁😁

Agree, but it takes a while to get to that way of thinking, as here in the uk is is not something we do.

I lost a Tuna in 2014 which spooled me, but in hindsight we should has chased it. These days, chasing fish is now a natural thing for me to do.

41 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Agree, but it takes a while to get to that way of thinking, as here in the uk is is not something we do.

I lost a Tuna in 2014 which spooled me, but in hindsight we should has chased it. These days, chasing fish is now a natural thing for me to do.

Catching fish on @Andy135's boat is a surprise let alone chasing one🤣🤣

edit....... helps to have a tackle box though (added to prevent anybody else's fun)!!

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well done on getting out after it, sounds thresher-esq What hit the rod , did the line just part at the spool or ? Was it braid how heavy 

it’s all chaos when that rachet goes ,,, but we live for it 

Hey Josh. Line parted at the spool. @Saintly Fish can confirm the b/s of the braid.

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Shame but to be fair excellent to get a take like that good luck next time ..

Yeah it was quite impressive, the fish didn't even know it was hooked, and it's typical that it took the rod that was the least prepared for it. An ugly stick 20/30 with an Okuma slx10!! 
if it had taken my rod we may have had more chance of seeing it, or Andy's shark rod, but no...