Camswan side-scan sonar images

Andy135

Got a few drifts over the Camswan in Sandown Bay today. Here are a couple of pics, one at 455khz, the other at 800.

d4bfdb3e5ae114efb6d4c77afc777651.jpg

92e471ae3bc80d1e1b9aa78a56de1512.jpg

The banana shape of the first and last pic is because I was trying to correct the drift half way through - doh! Still decent pics though.

She's a hungry wreck... I lost 3 rigs on her in 3 drifts. The last pic shows what look like her ribs. No wonder I was losing tackle.

9d9affb702c995a1173382b4c8e0152e.jpg

3 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Cracking images Andy,

I've got a Totalscan which can be pretty good but images are nothing like those

Thanks Scott. I'm just about to post up an even better image of Camswan that I took on the weekend.

• 2 months later...

It doesn't look like it's holding much in the way of fish having zoomed in close. I wouldn't of dropped a line on it that day. Some tweaking in the settings would help. It's a very shallow wreck, sounds like it would be worth freediving for lost gear.

Edited by JDP

1 hour ago, JDP said:

It doesn't look like it's holding much in the way of fish having zoomed in close. I wouldn't of dropped a line on it that day. Some tweaking in the settings would help. It's a very shallow wreck, sounds like it would be worth freediving for lost gear.

Yeah, there was nothing there at all.

I can confirm that there are at least three rigs down there 😭