Inexpensive Chartplotter/Fishfinder

My boat MUST go in the water this spring so I am thinking about buying a Raymarine Element 7S GPS chartplotter fishfinder. Any comments would be welcome please, other than of course that it will not work too well on the trailer! Geoff.🙂

8 minutes ago, JonC said:

I was in the bath and replied with wet hands accidentally. 
I’ve also ordered a skip and deleted most of my contacts. 

That will teach you not to eat pot noodles in the bath at the same time as posting on here Jon. Geoff.

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Geoff look at what garmin unit you want and I'll get you a terrific discount. 
Just ask @JonC and @daio web!! 
Will be a hell of a lot cheaper than a raymarine. 

12 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Geoff look at what garmin unit you want and I'll get you a terrific discount. 
Just ask @JonC and @daio web!! 
Will be a hell of a lot cheaper than a raymarine. 

Very kind of you to offer, I forgot all about your connection. 

On 1/10/2023 at 7:25 PM, Geoff said:

My boat MUST go in the water this spring so I am thinking about buying a Raymarine Element 7S GPS chartplotter fishfinder. Any comments would be welcome please, other than of course that it will not work too well on the trailer! Geoff.🙂

morning geoff have a chat with neil  saintly fish excellent deals on garmin units you wont be disappointed  mate 

5 hours ago, JonC said:

One big downside with this guy was the installation team wasn’t overly responsive, to the point where I ended up fitting it myself. 

I know what you mean Jon, I suspect it will be the same for me (I think that he may be related to that power handle guy over in Norfolk, or some such prehistoric area). Still, looking on the bright side I will have a good excuse for further delaying the launch! Geoff.

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

I know what you mean Jon, I suspect it will be the same for me (I think that he may be related to that power handle guy over in Norfolk, or some such prehistoric area). Still, looking on the bright side I will have a good excuse for further delaying the launch! Geoff.

I know right, what is it with these trade people, I've been waiting over a year for some laminator guy to give me some prices on resin, mat and nidaplast so I can get on with mine..... He was from out Lincoln way or was it lincolnshire....

3 hours ago, suzook12 said:

I know right, what is it with these trade people, I've been waiting over a year for some laminator guy to give me some prices on resin, mat and nidaplast so I can get on with mine..... He was from out Lincoln way or was it lincolnshire....

Rubbish Steve, that chap from the hinterland has threatened (promised) to visit this metropolis several times. The Nidaplast you wanted is all wrapped and still awaiting your collection, but I guess that is all in vain. Geoff.🙂

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Rubbish Steve, that chap from the hinterland has threatened (promised) to visit this metropolis several times. The Nidaplast you wanted is all wrapped and still awaiting your collection, but I guess that is all in vain. Geoff.🙂

But, I atill don't know how much the purveyor wants for it........ One can but try 😉

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

The budget 9" Striker with T mount xducer. Geoff,

I didn't think these did chart plotting unlike the echomaps? It reads to me as though these do a basic GPS function of track plotting but no maps. I may have that wrong but worth checking

• 3 weeks later...

Today could be my birthday (it isn't). Thanks to FS I am now the proud owner of a Garmin Echomap UHD 95SV plotter and an inhull Xducer. I will try to get it fitted next week weather permitting. Geoff.

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Today could be my birthday (it isn't). Thanks to FS I am now the proud owner of a Garmin Echomap UHD 95SV plotter and an inhull Xducer. I will try to get it fitted next week weather permitting. Geoff.

Running out of excuses to launch 

On 2/3/2023 at 10:41 AM, Geoff said:

Just as well you have a whole team of people looking out for you eh?? 😉🤣

12 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Just as well you have a whole team of people looking out for you eh?? 😉🤣

True Steve, and thanks to all who pointed out the problems with my earlier choices. Far better system now and excellent value (thanks Neil), but I have strayed a bit from the post title and spent more than twice the original budget that "J" agreed. No doubt I shall be reminded about that every time that she wants something! Geoff.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

True Steve, and thanks to all who pointed out the problems with my earlier choices. Far better system now and excellent value (thanks Neil), but I have strayed a bit from the post title and spent more than twice the original budget that "J" agreed. No doubt I shall be reminded about that every time that she wants something! Geoff.

Never mind, valentines is imminent. You can make up for it!