Clacton again.

JonC

I also managed to cut myself in a new way, rummaging around through the fish in the bait tank I managed to cut myself under my finger nail with a filleting knife. It blew for about a hour. Luckily it was too cold to hurt. 

Great day out for you Jon - well done. I do feel sorry for you about your plumbing leek. In September we had exactly the same thing happen in our small upstairs bathroom. The hot tap flexi pipe looked exactly the same as your picture. As ours was upstairs the water (it was coming out at full mains pressure and filled the ceiling void before it was discovered. Result was downstairs ceiling in the room below had to be removed and the laminate flooring to the upstairs landing and a bedroom had to be replaced, and downstairs walls and ceilings redecorated in the affected areas resulting in total repair costs of nearly £6000. Our insurance company (NFU) were brilliant. Their advert claim "we never make a drama etc" is spot on - they were brilliant in the way the claim was handled.  I was amazed to see that flexipipe failure and discussed it with Neil who told me that he has known of the problem with those pipes sometimes failing. His opinion s that the flexi may have been overbent on installation. Good luck with your repairs, being downstairs perhaps your damage may be less than ours. Geoff. 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Great day out for you Jon - well done. I do feel sorry for you about your plumbing leek. In September we had exactly the same thing happen in our small upstairs bathroom. The hot tap flexi pipe looked exactly the same as your picture. As ours was upstairs the water (it was coming out at full mains pressure and filled the ceiling void before it was discovered. Result was downstairs ceiling in the room below had to be removed and the laminate flooring to the upstairs landing and a bedroom had to be replaced, and downstairs walls and ceilings redecorated in the affected areas resulting in total repair costs of nearly £6000. Our insurance company (NFU) were brilliant. Their advert claim "we never make a drama etc" is spot on - they were brilliant in the way the claim was handled.  I was amazed to see that flexipipe failure and discussed it with Neil who told me that he has known of the problem with those pipes sometimes failing. His opinion s that the flexi may have been overbent on installation. Good luck with your repairs, being downstairs perhaps your damage may be less than ours. Geoff. 

Fortunately it was in a wet room so it mostly drained away, but full main’s pressure through that split made a good jet. 

I literally caught 90% of the fish, I lost a whopper as well because Jon hasn’t learnt to tie knots properly, apart from that his skippering was pretty good, I also taught him about the importance of a good ground on the boat engine/battery as well🤣🤣 and I gave him all the parts and knowledge to fix his toilet.

2 hours ago, KennyPowers said:

I literally caught 90% of the fish, I lost a whopper as well because Jon hasn’t learnt to tie knots properly, apart from that his skippering was pretty good, I also taught him about the importance of a good ground on the boat engine/battery as well🤣🤣 and I gave him all the parts and knowledge to fix his toilet.

You did 90% of the fishing, I spent most of my day untangling your reels, unhooking fish, tying hooks on and cooking you food.