Instant black marlin

JDP

On 3/3/2023 at 7:10 AM, Saintly Fish said:

That's better Jon. Top effort. I'd love to get stuck into a marlin. Or anything into double figures over here would be nice. 
Can't believe there was no toffee popcorn though, but sweet is still better than salty!! 

The Devil is in the detail, they chose a specific brand, although it’s spelt short. I’m 

53 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

it looks fantastic , shame about the fish getting away . 

It didn't get away mate, we use light gauge hooks so that we can pull the hook when you trace them beside the boat. I was driving the boat so didn't get pics of this but my daughter filmed it on the GoPro.

22 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

cool , chance to fight again.

We rarely keep them even though they are in good numbers and pretty good to eat, it just adds on to much time at the end of a day giving it all away.

On 3/2/2023 at 3:57 PM, Geoff said:

Sounds like a great day out, and popcorn easily overtrumps pot noodles. Geoff.

A very special note for the other Jon. You should know that I could not  "bad mouth" Pot noodles  (I have tried them in the past, but never again) as I would not allow even a single PN to enter my mouth. Popcorn is far nicer, especially on a boat - no heat required, no wet mess to spill, if you do drop one providing that there is no fish blood or entrails on the deck (very likely in my own case) you could just pick it up, blow the dust off and eat it. I would also think that in an emergency you could even use popcorn as ground or hook bait. As I said before - "popcorn easily overtrumps pot noodles. Geoff. 🙂