Reel loading

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

So 1 min becomes 1-2 mins. Reality is probably 10! 

Certainly no longer than 2 mins. On average 1 min 30 seconds if you want to be precise about it 😉

17 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Certainly no longer than 2 mins. On average 1 min 30 seconds if you want to be precise about it 😉

That’s really impressive, must be those nimble little fingers you have. 
obviously you have 7 days to train. No pressure 

On 3/25/2023 at 3:17 AM, Saintly Fish said:

I struggle with the bobbin when it comes to going back across the first load of twists. It never seems to want to travel back the way I swear at it to. Is my tension too tight?

I don't do mine like they do in the video posted on here, I use a jigging master bobbin and do the join the same as the manufacturers do in their videos. I don't do a tight wrap followed by a second tight wrap over itself, rather more like one row of wrap over two straight strands. The start is tricky but for me I do the start with around 10 wraps pinching the start between my thumb and finger nail. Once those first 10 wraps have been laid I drag them firmly and tightly towards the start of the join, this will often lose a few wraps meaning I only have 5-6 tight turns but from those I can continue the wrap down the line and simply finish with back to front half hitches like in most videos. Getting the bobbin at the correct tension for the line class doesn't take long to get the hang of.

As for time, even having done lots of them for myself and friends outfits, I do find they can be a bit time consuming just like fg knots. If anything though I can normally do a pr quicker than an fg and like mentioned never have them fail, hence why I end up doing so many for game fishing buddies after their fg fails on a big tuna etc!!!!!!

Edited by JDP