Annoying Garmin (or stupid me more like)

11 minutes ago, daio web said:

hi neil sounds like you are having a nightmare mate its put me of renewing mine aswell i am the same as you not very good at the tech stuff  hope you sort it soon budd

It's just because it's not an everyday thing. I'll crack it, then come back and blame @GPSguru for steering me a bum path!! 

Ok, so as far as the app goes I'm back up and working 100%. 

IMG_2918.jpeg.97c96eaa2da57adbdd1d354ae6c40312.jpeg

I had to completely re set the app which deleted everything automatically. Then re downloaded my required area. Now to go to the boat and place it on the plotter. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok, so as far as the app goes I'm back up and working 100%. 

IMG_2918.jpeg.97c96eaa2da57adbdd1d354ae6c40312.jpeg

I had to completely re set the app which deleted everything automatically. Then re downloaded my required area. Now to go to the boat and place it on the plotter. 

That looks better.

Yes, it should load onto the plotter ok, albeit a little slow as it does all the validation stuff.

Ok so, I've hit a new snag. I tried to load all the marks that @jonnyswamp kindly gave me onto my plotter, only to find out that the sd card no info on it, FFS.

I been home and tried to reload them, now my PC tells me that in order to transfer /copy the files I need user permission? A, whats that mean and B, how do i get round it @GPSguru @Andy135??

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok so, I've hit a new snag. I tried to load all the marks that @jonnyswamp kindly gave me onto my plotter, only to find out that the sd card no info on it, FFS.

I been home and tried to reload them, now my PC tells me that in order to transfer /copy the files I need user permission? A, whats that mean and B, how do i get round it @GPSguru @Andy135??

Can you take a pic of the message and post it up? Do you have the option to click OK to the message? Is the SD card password protected or locked (is there a little sliding switch on one side of the SD card that has been accidentally moved to the "locked" position?).

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Can you take a pic of the message and post it up? Do you have the option to click OK to the message? Is the SD card password protected or locked (is there a little sliding switch on one side of the SD card that has been accidentally moved to the "locked" position?).

The problem is going from the desktop file onto the sd card which is not locked I checked that first. When I try to transgender or send to, it won't allow it. I can't take a pic as I'm now not on the pc and taking L to footie

52 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You might need to log on to your pc as an administrator.

Edited by GPSguru

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok, open the file explorer on your pc. Locate the required ADM file on the card and then right click on it. A context menu will pop up and you need to turn off UAC (user account control) then copy the file to your pc. Once on the pc, copy the file across to a blank formatted card.

I am not near the pc right now, but I think I got that right, perhaps @Andy135 can confirm

Edited by GPSguru

26 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Ok, open the file explorer on your pc. Locate the required ADM file on the card and then right click on it. A context menu will pop up and you need to turn off UAC (user account control) then copy the file to you pc. Once on the pc, copy the file across to a blank formatted card.

I am not near the pc right now, but I think I got that right, perhaps @Andy135 can confirm

What's a file explorer? 

14 minutes ago, JonC said:

Is there any Ned for that? It’s exactly the sort of thing that puts people off posting  and replying to these questions. 

Who the feck is Ned ? ................ I guess it is your imaginary friend 🙄

This is your version of fixing tech ...........

diy-hammer.gif

It is a pity we can't fix your wayward tendencies with this ..........

emoji-hammer.gif

Edited by GPSguru

8 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Who the feck is Ned ? ................ I guess it is your imaginary friend 🙄

This is your version of fixing tech ...........

diy-hammer.gif

It is a pity we can't fix your wayward tendencies with this ..........

emoji-hammer.gif

Ok so now you have gone from abusive language to suggesting that physical violence is acceptable.
I think that you should go and give your head a bit of a wobble while you reflect on what you post. 

Please remember that what you post on here is in the public domain for an indefinite time frame. I hope when you regain consciousness this morning you can see the error of your ways. You need to go easy on the various substances that you are consuming. 

3 hours ago, JonC said:

Ok so now you have gone from abusive language to suggesting that physical violence is acceptable.
I think that you should go and give your head a bit of a wobble while you reflect on what you post. 

Please remember that what you post on here is in the public domain for an indefinite time frame. I hope when you regain consciousness this morning you can see the error of your ways. You need to go easy on the various substances that you are consuming. 

🖕

IMG_2157.gif.9990aef8aac32ba643e435b00fd1a514.gif