Annoying Garmin (or stupid me more like)

16 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

What's a file explorer? 

Now that the SLT resident retard has been silenced, let us continue with a sensible discussion.

Once you have the ADM file working, maybe you need to think how to safely keep it and add marks at your leisure from the pc. Garmin Homport is no longer available or supported, which is a shame as you could use your charts with it, however I have a copy if you want it.

Another alternative is to download Garmin Basecamp, which does the same thing but without the charts, you just enter the GPS co-ords, which plots as a mark. You can then save all the marks as a ADM file to a micro SD. To update the plotter, just plug in the card  and when prompted, tap the ‘merge’ button. If you hit the replace from file button, then all your marks on the plotter will be duplicated !

Edited by GPSguru

48 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Now that the SLT resident retard has been silenced, let us continue with a sensible discussion.

Once you have the ADM file working, maybe you need to think how to safely keep it and add marks at your leisure from the pc. Garmin Homport is no longer available or supported, which is a shame as you could use your charts with it, however I have a copy if you want it.

Another alternative is to download Garmin Basecamp, which does the same thing but without the charts, you just enter the GPS co-ords, which plots as a mark. You can then save all the marks as a ADM file to a micro SD. To update the plotter, just plug in the card  and when prompted, tap the ‘merge’ button. If you hit the replace from file button, then all your marks on the plotter will be duplicated !

Now you’re having a go at @Andy135

WTF is your problem with all the abuse? I think your dosages need adjusting. 

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Ok so I'm trying to do as instructed but the files are showing as a pdf and I can't open it? WTF

IMG_2931.jpeg

Edited by Saintly Fish

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ok so I'm trying to do as instructed but the files are showing as a pdf and I can't open it? WTF

IMG_2931.jpeg

That might not be entirely true. Go to ‘view’ at the top of the screen and select ‘list’ and show ‘file extension’. That will then give the true file type.

I am doing this from memory as I am on the school run for an hour or so.

6 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

That might not be entirely true. Go to ‘view’ at the top of the screen and select ‘list’ and show ‘file extension’. That will then give the true file type.

I am doing this from memory as I am on the school run for an hour or so.

No, defo shows as a PDF. Pm me your email and i will send the file over for when you have 5 to take a look at it??

On 5/11/2023 at 2:05 PM, Saintly Fish said:

IMG_2931.jpeg

Glad you got the marks eventually, they were on my plotter when I got my boat, so may be of use

I see I also sent you my much coveted BC marks as well, I must've copied those by mistake

Be worth a fortune to someone up here who likes blanking 😎

12 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Glad you got the marks eventually, they were on my plotter when I got my boat, so may be of use

I see I also sent you my much coveted BC marks as well, I must've copied those by mistake

Be worth a fortune to someone up here who likes blanking 😎

You wanem back Nick?