Find Jon cook a new boat

@Jon cook is looking for a new boat. Budget of £10k. We're not sure if it needs to be a trailer sailor or marina queen, GRP or rib, so unless he tells us otherwise let's assume that anything goes for now.

What suggestions can the Outlaws offer then?

50 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

😂

Im thinking a fast Fisher type boat.

Warrior, raider, explorer elite, endeavour........ other suggestions welcome.

Trailer required for the future sharking trips.

The plan is to have it on a mooring at Newhaven.

Budget?

10K, ideally less.

Much depends on the package.

Doesnt help when you see one go for a bit of a steal, kinda make you begrudge paying better money for those that remain with the dealers.

I've no doubt within a short space of time I'd want to go bigger but i need to be realistic to start with.

No point rushing into the purchase an regretting it after a few months.

Id like to be afloat for April giving me a few months to find the right boat.

Ive resisted the normal advice threads as theres plenty of em, but all advice is welcome.

4 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

10K, ideally less.

Much depends on the package.

Doesnt help when you see one go for a bit of a steal, kinda make you begrudge paying better money for those that remain with the dealers.

I've no doubt within a short space of time I'd want to go bigger but i need to be realistic to start with.

No point rushing into the purchase an regretting it after a few months.

Id like to be afloat for April giving me a few months to find the right boat.

Ive resisted the normal advice threads as theres plenty of em, but all advice is welcome.

How about this, gets you in the water and keeps a bit back for safety gear and also some towards the next boat. 

On eBay

I would just like to point out that this whole post is legally binding, that once decided you will be obligated to purchase said boat. You may also have to relocate your house and get a Land Rover to fix when you’re not fishing. 
Just saying. 

If it were me I'd always go for the most I could afford at the time. It's a false economy to go for a cheaper boat that needs some work as you'll quickly eat up your leftover budget fixing stuff, and you could have been fishing on the good boat in the meantime.

If it were me, I’d go straight for the biggest boat. Purely because of your worried about a starter boat being small, you won’t take long to talk yourself into needing a bigger boat. Then you’ll spend months wishing you’d bought bigger. 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

If it were me, I’d go straight for the biggest boat. Purely because of your worried about a starter boat being small, you won’t take long to talk yourself into needing a bigger boat. Then you’ll spend months wishing you’d bought bigger. 

I'm inclined to agree with you on this. Ive fished with @Jupiters Moon  and another mate on his 21fter. Ive not even been aboard a smalker offering at sea.

Been looking for a Warrior 175 of smartliner 17 but realistically I doubt ill find one. Ive the money asisde to increase the budget for said boat though, but this will leave me little for other stuff.

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

This is true. I kept my first boat for just 9 months before upgrading. If only the newbies heeded the advice of the old hands eh? 😉

Just now, Jon cook said:

I'm inclined to agree with you on this. Ive fished with @Jupiters Moon  and another mate on his 21fter. Ive not even been aboard a smalker offering at sea.

Been looking for a Warrior 175 of smartliner 17 but realistically I doubt ill find one. Ive the money asisde to increase the budget for said boat though, but this will leave me little for other stuff.

Haven't seen Jeff on here for a while. Give him a nudge 😉👍

Just now, Jon cook said:

Quick fat fingers - twas meant to be in relation to 'your such a tool', but I see this was in the orginal forsale post, not for u trying to sell on his boat....😁

Don't mind him, he's just fishing for commission... 🎣💵

Not at all to either of you. Jons after a boat for money that is near what your asking. You have a boat that is near what Jons after. Seems logical to me that rather than spend less on a boat then kit it out, but a boat that’s tip top and already fully kitted. Whats not to like?

So, assuming it doesnt sell tomorrow im hopefully off to Look at a boat this weekend.

Insurance and mooring is quoted, an just a phone call away to activate.

As an aside, have many of ya done the powerboat level 2..... ?              I've n agreement with a local firm to do it in my own boat  as an when purchased.