Find Jon cook a new boat

Just now, JonC said:

I heard v tech were problematic though? Anyone know about them?

I can't say I've heard anything bad about the V-Tec system.  Like any outboard they'll need regular servicing to keep them running smoothly.

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I can't say I've heard anything bad about the V-Tec system.  Like any outboard they'll need regular servicing to keep them running smoothly.

I may have dreamed that then

1 minute ago, Jon cook said:

Good point well presented, perhaps i should have said slam more than a V hull / plaining hull.

Those Wilsons will still plane, they'll just slam when they drop off or try to go through a wave.

It wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker for me. After all, during a day long session, you're at anchor for longer than you're under way, so you may find that stability is what you value more.

Just now, Andy135 said:

Those Wilsons will still plane, they'll just slam when they drop off or try to go through a wave.

It wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker for me. After all, during a day long session, you're at anchor for longer than you're under way, so you may find that stability is what you value more.

If it’s good enough for Graham Pullan...

16 hours ago, Jon cook said:

I have however been offered an 18' raider..... good money an sounds a good package thats hardly beennused.

But it has s 115 Merc optimax 2006 -  with about 85 hours. Really wanted a more modern 4 stroke.

Opti max still a good engine, with low hours you can always sell and look out for a 4 stroke replacement 

11 minutes ago, Jupiters Moon said:

Anyone know just how much more juicy a 115 Optimax would be compared to a four stroke?

My impression is that they were about as developed as a two stroke could get. It would certainly push that Raider along nicely.

Hi Jeff,

No idea on the Optimax but good to see you on the new forum (finally!) 😉

3 minutes ago, Jupiters Moon said:

😂😂😂I know, I know..... it’s been remiss of me but, I’m a busy bloke you know,

Busy eh? Well, you can stay busy by  posting up an Intro thread and some pics of Jupiter's Moon in the Show us yer Boat thread 😉

7 minutes ago, Jupiters Moon said:

Did you miss me?

Let's just say your absence was noticed 👍

2 minutes ago, Jupiters Moon said:

Blimey, if I wanted to be nagged, I’d stay at home with the Missus😂😂😂

🤣🤣 "And mind you take your shoes off before coming in here, you'll leave a trail of muck and I've just hoovered!"

Optimal uses direct injection IIRC therefore similar to EFI 4S. However more noisy. 

Given a raider with engine at right height and propped correctly you’ll get 0.8l/m. Depending on how far you travel/how often I doubt you’ll see much difference in rubbing costs 🙂