Find Jon cook a new boat

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Sounds a bit cryptic Jon. What do you reckon the catch is?

No eye dear.  
but if it was just the rubbing strake and a few scuffs to the gel coat someone would have bought it 

@Jon cook, given that we'll be allowed to travel at the end of March, now would be a good time to start hitting the adverts and brokers in earnest, getting them to prioritize you as a motivated buyer before everyone else start thinking about buying a boat. First come first served and all that.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, just keen for you to find the right boat. 👍

Fingers crossed restrictions are released.  I'm a little more pessimistic about it all! 2 days of nice weather an its gone made down here - infection rates will soon go up again especially with schools opening back up.

Anyhow, you're spot on with the suggestion. Alas it seems everyone wants a boat!! The demand seems to be outstripping the supply at the minute. 

• 2 months later...

Alas, not much has happened.

Little movement especially after that Raider got posted up at silly money for an old boat so its potentially outta my price range now.

All is not lost though..... no boat means the savings are getting bigger!

I'm still looking, but not seeing much. There was a fair deal on an explorer elite but fear I'd soon be looking for bigger 

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

A shame but as you say, there's a silver lining to your bank balance at least.

Keep looking. The right boat will be out there 👍

Prices are through the roof at the moment, best bet is to look further afield like you did. There are some bargains to be had in France it seems. 

8 hours ago, JonC said:

Prices are through the roof at the moment, best bet is to look further afield like you did. There are some bargains to be had in France it seems. 

Yep, it seems like really good bargains are getting harder to find. I was the first person to view Jersey Girl and it definitely paid off to get on a plane and seal the deal swiftly.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Yep, it seems like really good bargains are getting harder to find. I was the first person to view Jersey Girl and it definitely paid off to get on a plane and seal the deal swiftly.

You did very well to find it in the first place.