Find Jon cook a new boat

Thats a bit over zealous @JonC 😂

So, the Raider is still on the cards, logistics has prevented me me from getting down to see it... now with Tier 4, an xmas it may be a few weeks but the seller is fine.

I've been invited out on a local Raider cuddy next week, but weather may put a stop to that.

Im still looking else where an scouring the tinternet for alternatives.

There is a lovely Orkney Pilothouse 20 with good condition trailer in Swansea for 15k. 

Engine only got 180 hours on it and just been serviced. 

If you’re keeping it on a mooring, you can sell trailer and have a bargain boat...

Thanks chaps., keep em comming.

That raider 16 is unfortunately all the way up in Scotland..... I was talking with a guy who's owned both an steered me away from the 16, on account of the the 18 being a much more capable boat.

Tier 4 has delayed me seeing the Raider cuddy which ive previously posted about. I'm assured its not going anywhere as its not advertised.

Merry christmas one an all.

Thanks for all the pointers 

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Jon cook any updates on your hunt Jon? 

Not really bud.

The raiders still in Bournemouth, what with Covid / lockdown i won't travel down to see it.

Sadly theres to many flouting it as it is, I wont add myself to that list!

Despite that, im still looking about...

A friends father in law recently passed from this dreaded virus an was a keen boat angler. He had a boat in an Essex marina, which they know nothing about an want me to advise them on re selling etc.

He died in early december, an with the family not knowing anything about it, i've suggest they find out sharpish where its at.

All they know was that it was used regularly an that its on a trailer, thus launched as an when....... could be something, but on the other hand might just be another wild goose chase.

When I find our more I'll be asking for advice.

59 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Jon if you want anyone to look at the Raider in Bournemouth and assuming its in a yard I'd happily take a look for you and report what its like. (and no I'm not looking for a boat guys)

Great offer Martin. 👍

1 hour ago, Maverick said:

@Jon cookif you want anyone to look at the Raider in Bournemouth and assuming its in a yard I'd happily take a look for you and report what its like. (and no I'm not looking for a boat guys)

Thanks, I may well take you up on this. It is however at a house, on a driveway.

Ill drop ya a PM.

• 2 weeks later...