2nd bass of the season.

Saintly Fish

44 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

No, this time from a floating dock used by ribs.ย 

Careful, @JonCย will be along soon to tell you off for putting this in Boat Angling catch reports instead of shore reportsย ๐Ÿ™„

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Careful, @JonCย will be along soon to tell you off for putting this in Boat Angling catch reports instead of shore reportsย ๐Ÿ™„

Having spoken with my legal team I shall let this one stand as a floating pontoon is closer to being a boat than it is being part of my the shoreย 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Having spoken with my legal team I shall let this one stand as a floating pontoon is closer to being a boat than it is being part of my the shoreย 

This is the quandary I was in. Maybe we need a floating dock catch section!ย 

6 hours ago, JonC said:

Actually a pontoon is deemed as land under the collision regulationsโ€ฆ. There is no requirement to show anchor light when a fixed to a pontoon or a quay wall or other solid structure. However, it must be shown when at anchor and in low levels of lightโ€ฆ

Soooo technically it should belong in the shore sectionโ€ฆ. But itโ€™s more a report than I can offer for the weekend as no fishing ๐Ÿ˜žย 

4 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Actually a pontoon is deemed as land under the collision regulationsโ€ฆ. There is no requirement to show anchor light when a fixed to a pontoon or a quay wall or other solid structure. However, it must be shown when at anchor and in low levels of lightโ€ฆ

Soooo technically it should belong in the shore sectionโ€ฆ. But itโ€™s more a report than I can offer for the weekend as no fishing ๐Ÿ˜žย 

But that's where I was conflicted because, it's not a pontoon. It's a floating dock which is tethered to a pontoon. It's a grey area!!

7 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

My ball my rulesย 

if it floats and can sink then itโ€™s not the shore. The shore doesnโ€™t do that .ย 

14 hours ago, Andy135 said:

ย 

Either that or he will claim it's a random picture of anyone given we can't clearly identify the person form his whiskers only. There is quite a list of rules I believe when it comes to clearly identifying a fish and person and where are the calibrated scale shots with witnesses etc. Clearly Jon will be quoting "fake news"

6 hours ago, JDP said:

ย 

Either that or he will claim it's a random picture of anyone given we can't clearly identify the person form his whiskers only. There is quite a list of rules I believe when it comes to clearly identifying a fish and person and where are the calibrated scale shots with witnesses etc. Clearly Jon will be quoting "fake news"

The laws are clearly set out for everyone to see itโ€™s not my fault if you struggle to comprehend basic things.ย 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

The laws are clearly set out for everyone to see itโ€™s my my fault if you struggle to comprehend basic things.ย 

Your statement above appears to suggest that you're taking responsibility for the inadequacies of others. Glad you've acknowledged that everything is in fact your fault.ย ๐Ÿ˜