BBQ options?

What are people using ? I’m looking at a gas magma kettle type, I prefer charcoal but not sure how keen marinas will be on charcoal bbqs on the pontoon. 
The magma with a mounting bracket and regulator comes to about  £420-450 so not the cheapest option going but gets good reviews. 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Get yourself a cobb bbq. They're amazing!!

you can cook veg and meat at the same time and also pick it up and move it. No real mess, just chuck the cobb ash into the river and pack away. 

Thanks. Do you have it free standing or rail mounted? Does your marina give you any shit for using it when you’re on the pontoon? 

10 minutes ago, JonC said:

Thanks. Do you have it free standing or rail mounted? Does your marina give you any shit for using it when you’re on the pontoon? 

I knocked up a piece of 20mm worktop with some brackets so it fits over the starboard rear corner. The marina have no issues with it being used. In fact in a couple of weeks we will be having an "E" pontoon cobb off bbq evening. You can cook for around 2 hours on one Cobb stone. Or you can use normal briquettes, but they make more mess!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went with the gas magma kettle, with the basic rail mount. I was expecting to have to do some decent food for the bass comp next week but looks like a happy meal for one now. 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Well I went with the gas magma kettle, with the basic rail mount. I was expecting to have to do some decent food for the bass comp next week but looks like a happy meal for one now. 

Who you uninvited then? 

22 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Spoons??? You eat PN with a spoon?? Are you mad!!!!

They're called sporks, a game changer on the Pot Noodle front

This is mine

2023-07-06_05-37-42

@JonC you can't call yourself a connoisseur if you haven't got one of these

It's like tightening scaffold fittings with an adjustable wrench, doable, but you look like an amatuer

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

They're called sporks, a game changer on the Pot Noodle front

This is mine

2023-07-06_05-37-42

@JonC you can't call yourself a connoisseur if you haven't got one of these

It's like tightening scaffold fittings with an adjustable wrench, doable, but you look like an amatuer

I thought these were cutlery for the patients on the div ward!