Out tomorrow

Maverick

So my eldest boy who is probably older than most of you on here and I are heading out of Poole tomorrow, Any one else out? + if you are out of anywhere near Poole call us up on Ch6 boat name Madness.  If we hear you I will respond.  Assuming the day is not embarrassing a report may follow

Edited by Maverick

30 minutes ago, Maverick said:

So my eldest boy who is probably older than most of you on here.

I doubt it but thanks for the compliment nonetheless 🤣👍

The Saint and I are hatching a plan for the Solent on Sunday. Somewhere, out there, there's some cod with our names on them.

What are your targeting?

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I doubt it but thanks for the compliment nonetheless 🤣👍

The Saint and I are hatching a plan for the Solent on Sunday. Somewhere, out there, there's some cod with our names on them.

What are your targeting?

May see you out there then, me and JonC had an invite from a skipper I know, he's been smack on the unicorns so far....

1 minute ago, suzook12 said:

May see you out there then, me and JonC had an invite from a skipper I know, he's been smack on the unicorns so far....

If you're fishing the Solent with Jon on the weekend I will publicly eat my hat 🤣 

So the day wasn't a great success but we did get out and had some small stuff.

The wind wasn't as forecast.  Auntie Beeb said it would be around 12 mph but I reckon it was pushing 17/18 knots.  Going out we sat comfortable at about 14 knots so soon got to an inshore mark on the Dolphin sands just outside of the Cruise ships anchored in the bay.  When the tide turned into the wind it became uncomfortable with us chasing our tackle around the deck or was it the other way?  

After an hour or so with nothing to show for our efforts we decided a change of plan was needed.  Phoned Poole Sea Angling Centre to see if Andy had any worms left which he did so we bagged those and headed back into the harbour to collect them.  Coming back in with wind and sea behind us we cruised at around 19/20 knots, Madness is a great sea boat.  

Picked a mark to anchor in the lea of Brownsea island and have lunch, first drop my rod was soon going mental picked it up and could feel the weight of a good fish which was also taking line then.............nothing. After waiting to see if the fish returned I reeled in only to find my 2/0 hook had partially straightened out which obviously allowed the fish to bounce the hook.  I would have loved to have seen what it was or rather what size bass it was.  I will stop buying cheap hooks 😪

After a couple of hours and a few small bass we moved and drifted the harbour channels and had more small bass and a late mackerel.  One thing Dean caught that I have never seen in the harbour was a large Starfish

The good thing is we didn't blank and I had an exciting moment or two with the one that got away, never mind we had the cobwebs blown away and we weren't at work

Edited by Maverick

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah @Andy135 managed to pull the jaw out of a huge fish today too. Shame we will never know what it was. 
#ihitmyfishliketysonhitsbruno

Sod off! 🤣 At least I put a bit of effort into bumping my fish. You merely have to touch your rod for the fish to spit the bait...

On 11/29/2020 at 8:56 PM, Andy135 said:

Sod off! 🤣 At least I put a bit of effort into Dumping my fish. You merely have to touch your rod for the fish to spit the bait...

FTFY Andy. Geoff.