Recent boat related purchases

jonnyswamp

Having been couped up for what feels like weeks, it seems that looking at my recent ebay purchases, I've made a few

6 way fuse box

New 60 amp battery cable and terminals (+ and-) and heat shrink (had cable given to me)

6 and 8 oz ball weight mold

Pack of coloured chain markers

New insulated smock (not my fault the old one got binned)

2 pairs of braid scissors (ultra sharp, yeah righto)

500m 30lb braid

Some led replacement bulbs for nav lights

New anchor light (nasa marine, bloody expensive)

A pair of sprung bait tools (quite handy really)

Another pair of stainless, rail mounted rod holders

I need to stop, cos apart from the battery cables etc, not much else was really needed

What have you bought lately 

5 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Having been couped up for what feels like weeks, it seems that looking at my recent ebay purchases, I've made a few

6 way fuse box

New 60 amp battery cable and terminals (+ and-) and heat shrink (had cable given to me)

6 and 8 oz ball weight mold

Pack of coloured chain markers

New insulated smock (not my fault the old one got binned)

2 pairs of braid scissors (ultra sharp, yeah righto)

500m 30lb braid

Some led replacement bulbs for nav lights

New anchor light (nasa marine, bloody expensive)

A pair of sprung bait tools (quite handy really)

Another pair of stainless, rail mounted rod holders

I need to stop, cos apart from the battery cables etc, not much else was really needed

What have you bought lately 

I’ve not bought much, I went to the tackle shop Friday for some braid, few hooks clips etc. I also picked up a 12/20 class shakey ugly stick which for just £60 seemed like a really nice light rod. And a red abu 7000 second hand on the week. 

My last boat purchases were a couple of weeks ago. Bought a BEP 6 gang switch panel, a Lowrance Point 1 GPS & electronic compass module, and a stainless VHF aerial mount.

Also have a Suzuki engine data harness on order so I can get all the engine data to display on the old HDS8 in my dash.

11 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve not bought much, I went to the tackle shop Friday for some braid, few hooks clips etc. I also picked up a 12/20 class shakey ugly stick which for just £60 seemed like a really nice light rod. And a red abu 7000 second hand on the week. 

I have a lot of time for the Ugly Stiks 👍

28 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

Absolutely the most important purchase, especially as we use a lot of cuttlefish this time of year and that ink is a bugger to get off when it's dry 

Scott, how do you prep your cuttle? Last one I bought the fishmonger skinned it and cut it up into strips for me. Nice tough bait. 

48 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Scott, how do you prep your cuttle? Last one I bought the fishmonger skinned it and cut it up into strips for me. Nice tough bait. 

I have them whole (they are very big), I got 20kg direct from a boat earlier this year.   Vac packed and froze them straight away.

For prep I do nothing except defrost, cut off a strip or use the head/guts,  I like to keep it as natural as possible.

Quite often use 4-6 Squid with a large strip of Cuttle wrapped half round it,  Keeps a bait down even if the Whiting are nibbling away at it in the vain hope a Cod may find it.

Congers love it as well

1 minute ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

I have them whole (they are very big), I got 20kg direct from a boat earlier this year.   Vac packed and froze them straight away.

For prep I do nothing except defrost, cut off a strip or use the head/guts,  I like to keep it as natural as possible.

Quite often use 4-6 Squid with a large strip of Cuttle wrapped half round it,  Keeps a bait down even if the Whiting are nibbling away at it in the vain hope a Cod may find it.

Congers love it as well

Wow - that really is a big bait. 👍

43 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

I thought they were a decent size until I did a trip with Ray,  His Uptide baits can be nearly as big as my forearm.

Still get the Dog's picking that bait up

Shame nothing seems to eat the LSD’s they’d make a good live bait once hooked onto a cod bait.