Polarised Sunglasses

Any recommendations? 

I’ve got a nice set which are more suited to beach/chilling out than working on a boat. 

Im after a set of polarised ones which don’t cost the earth (in case they fall overboard) but need to work and not fall apart… any recommendations? 🙂 

16 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Any recommendations? 

I’ve got a nice set which are more suited to beach/chilling out than working on a boat. 

Im after a set of polarised ones which don’t cost the earth (in case they fall overboard) but need to work and not fall apart… any recommendations? 🙂 

I have found Oakley wraparound type really durable, the arms click off rather than breaking and they don’t feel like they’re going to fall off so I confidently wear them when leaning over Tbaring a whiting off alongside the boat. 
These aren’t the cheapest- around £150 depending on what style. 
I’ve also had Polaroid polarised ones before, they are good and only about £60 per pair. 

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Any recommendations? 

RayBan Aviators.

Been using them for over 20 years, but had to replace them a couple of years ago when I lost them over the side on the Skerries ! They didnt fall off, like a prat I left them hanging on the A frame and went around for another drift, and then they were gone 🙄

Edited by GPSguru

I buy cheaper ones because they get lost or broken and I prefer to spend my dosh on other things, but I have a dark pair from Argos, Dunlop sports wrap arounds which were about £20-30 and a lighter coloured pair from Amazon also wrap around £35 ish so I have a pair for bright sun and darker days. Although they are cheap I can't fault them and I have them on a lanyard that loops into my hat band so less likely to lose if I fall off my kayak or lean over the side of the boat. 

I'm too tight to buy glasses that cost in the hundreds unless they are for reading. 

3 hours ago, Malc said:

I buy cheaper ones because they get lost or broken and I prefer to spend my dosh on other things, but I have a dark pair from Argos, Dunlop sports wrap arounds which were about £20-30 and a lighter coloured pair from Amazon also wrap around £35 ish so I have a pair for bright sun and darker days. Although they are cheap I can't fault them and I have them on a lanyard that loops into my hat band so less likely to lose if I fall off my kayak or lean over the side of the boat. 

I'm too tight to buy glasses that cost in the hundreds unless they are for reading. 

The flip side of it is that you tend to look after them a bit better, not putting them lenses down and putting them in a hard case when not in use. 

5 minutes ago, JonC said:

Not sure why @captin slows old outlaw is ganging up on you today, would you like me to give him a warning for backchatting an SLT member? 

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't bother seeing as no-one listens to you anyway 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, JonC said:

The flip side of it is that you tend to look after them a bit better, not putting them lenses down and putting them in a hard case when not in use. 

Possibly but being a tight git I still look after my gear.

10 hours ago, mike farrants said:

i'm a pikey so I got cheap amazon ones in case they went overboard - and use a floating neoprene lanyard - not lost a pair yet!

That’s what I’m thinking…. They are for boating so prob end up covered in chum and all sorts 🤣