Lyme Bay Tackle - Top Job!

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yep, can't fault Ian on his quality of goods and delivery at a great price. Plenty of other things we can fault though!!  His pile drive is shit for starters!! 

The big leg drop is the best finisher in the game. 

6 hours ago, JonC said:

The big leg drop is the best finisher in the game. 

I wont be leg dropping anything for a while.

just before xmas I stood on a glass bauble thing whilst  putting up lights in the conservatory, and sliced the heel of my left foot. Lots of blood and cursing, but up until this week it was still painful to walk on an just would not heal. So I got an appointment with the hospital podiatrist and she proceeded to dig this out from deep in the wound. It is better to walk on and should now heal.🙄

IMG_2804.thumb.jpeg.8c059cea54a0e780c3d08f072e9d3fad.jpeg 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

How big is that? 

About 1” long and half an inch wide.

my threshold of pain is very high, my daughter (who is a nurse) said I was a thicko for not realising it was in there 🙄🤣😇

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

About 1” long and half an inch wide.

my threshold of pain is very high, my daughter (who is a nurse) said I was a thicko for not realising it was in there 🙄🤣😇

How the fack didn't you know that was in there

7 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Well, I couldn't see the wound without mirrors, but I dressed it with iodine and a very tight bandage to stop the bleeding (there was lots of blood). After a couple of days I took the bandage off and got the Mrs to look at it, and she took out a small obvious piece of glass.

I would be OK in the morning, and it would get progressively more painful as the day went on, but the wound was refusing to heal, and over a month had passed since the injury. The Mrs was getting worried about infection setting in.

I went for a routine blood test at the surgery and the nurse looked at it and decided I was high risk due to being immunosuppressed and mild type 2 diabetic, so she sent a message to Podiatry, who rang me within 24 hours and arranged an appointment for a couple of days later. The podiatrist quickly saw the issue and did the business, although she did offer to send me to a surgeon, I told her to get on with it.

She gave me a bollocking ! , which I probably deserved.

It feels heaps better now.

30 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Interestingly, the podiatrist said she has removed Golf Tee's and self tapping screws from feet and the people involved just thought they had a thorn in the sole of their foot !, so I am not the only thick bast'id in the village. 🤣

She told me I was lucky that it missed some important stuff as it went in.😲

@GPSguru 

could you please try to keep this one on topic, Luke has posted to tell us about some guy that sells tackle and you have completely ruined it by telling us about your poor little foot. It serves you right anyway for stamping on the Christmas decorations like some pound shop Grinch. 

10 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I wont be leg dropping anything for a while.

just before xmas I stood on a glass bauble thing whilst  putting up lights in the conservatory, and sliced the heel of my left foot. Lots of blood and cursing, but up until this week it was still painful to walk on an just would not heal. So I got an appointment with the hospital podiatrist and she proceeded to dig this out from deep in the wound. It is better to walk on and should now heal.🙄

IMG_2804.thumb.jpeg.8c059cea54a0e780c3d08f072e9d3fad.jpeg 

Good effort. Must have been painful having that in there.

5 hours ago, JonC said:

@GPSguru 

could you please try to keep this one on topic, Luke has posted to tell us about some guy that sells tackle and you have completely ruined it by telling us about your poor little foot. It serves you right anyway for stamping on the Christmas decorations like some pound shop Grinch. 

Yeah, but the bloke that sells the tackle is a miserable old bad tempered bast’id. 🙄🤣😇