Covid

suzook12

Morning guys, I have had notice this morning that one of my long standing friends passed away last night in hospital, so ffs people, do all you can to stay safe out there, for yourselves and for your family and friends, this shit is real.........

Cheers Andy.... It just irks me that all the fuckin idiots out there spreading this shit with no care for anyone else and their jumped up conspiracy theories..... Good people are dying because of it!

Edited by suzook12

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Sorry to hear your bad news Steve. The fact that the disease is here is 100% true indeed. Just ask my Mrs, she’s had it twice this year. The conspiracy theories to how and why it showed up are all very interesting however. 

I was thinking more the conspiracies that seem to think that this covid is overexaggerated to control the masses by fear

9 minutes ago, JonC said:

Sorry to hear this Steve, it’s getting to the point where everyone knows someone who has been affected by it. 

It is indeed mate. This is the first friend I've had thats died from it, I know plenty of people that have had it, I poss even had "short" covid before it was a thing. I think this new strain is gonna hit a lot harder, lets hope the vaccine(s) holdgood eh....

1 hour ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

sorry to here the news, i agree that there are selfish people out there,i was just getting brave anouf to go shopping now its stay ay home

Look after yourself mate

I think my area now claims to be the highest COVID count area in the country. Not surprising really most people have given up on any social distancing etc. I think the masks put the nail in the coffin for distancing, people thought that a mask negated all risk, they don’t really get the concept of it all. 

Sorry to read this Steve. I was not even aware that there were any conspiracy theories. There is no doubt whatsoever that the virus is real can be deadly. Being one of the older members of the forum it is a very worrying time, but my wife and I do try to stick to the letter of the law with regards to staying home and not meeting anyone. We just hope that the vaccine is effective and widely available soon. I must admit that there does seem to be a lot of younger people who do not seem to be bothered, but I do think that most of us oldies are very concerned. Geoff.

@Geoff you are very much like my neighbours(and others of course). They are so scared that they never go out. But, and this is not being deliberately controversial or flippant, what’s the point in being alive if your not living? I do hope that soon the older generation get the protection that they deserve. Because us younger members will suffer when (not if) we catch it but probably not to the degrees of the elderly. I can’t believe that my wife has had it twice now in 9 months and I’ve had nothing more than a cold and an achy kidney for a day or two. When she’s been bed ridden for days.

Neil, we are not so scared that we never go out, we just try to obey the rules in the hope that it will protect ourselves and others. I did realize that Michaela had contracted the virus and that you and Leo  either managed to avoid it or only had a fairly mild dose by the sounds of it. Whist I have not been doing any boat/car or van conversion work recently because it has been too cold, I have spent my time building a new dolls house for Joyce (not for her to live in!) and she is busy decorating it, so staying home has not really caused us much bother. Geoff. ☺️

Edited by Geoff
gramma

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Neil, we are not so scared that we never go out, we just try to obey the rules in the hope that it will protect ourselves and others us and others. I did realize that Michaela had contracted the virus and that you and Leo  either managed to avoid it or only had a fairly mild dose by the sounds of it. Whist I have not been doing any boat/car or van conversion work recently because it has been too cold, I have spent my time building a new dolls house for Joyce (not for her to live in!) and she is busy decorating it, so staying home has not really caused us much bother. Geoff. ☺️

Glad to hear it Geoff 👍🏻

Steve so sorry to hear of your loss.  I too know of a near neighbour and a friends close relative that have passed away through this.  I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments about the idiots and antivaxers and although I do not wish any harm to anyone I do think that those that carry their threat through to not have the vaccine or evade protective measures should face repercussions such as maybe paying for their own treatment if or more likely when they are infected.  I also think that insurers will be looking at policies come renewal dates and insisting on protection by way of the vaccine or risking invalidating life/health insurance cover.

Sad times where we must all do our bit to help no matter how small.