Anti foul after a season

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Like I said, you're not as funny as you think. My shit jokes don't put off newbies...

No crashing here other than your pore attempt at humour. We are discussing Fistys stern gear for your information. 🖕

15 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I had the boat lifted today and went down to take a look at the hull before it was jet washed off. Not too bad at all I think, especially as I never had a mid season lift and wash. 
just a layer of slime below the water line where the sun doesn’t reach, no barnacles on treated area.

48755A57-79EC-469E-AD35-9F566B1C2863.jpeg.fb014d017ae03d1abb3c0532596a7afc.jpeg

The only barnacles were on the metal and plastics that were not anti fouled.

5D9BA079-F7D0-42DE-9A1A-BE4B48BA93AF.jpeg.66d1bc1f262211884e39714bbd7c1990.jpeg

9A69AE39-77B7-4D81-B66C-6D8119A91EF1.jpeg.485bc8d91787adb889c35e10a2e72a4c.jpeg

B8F17C3D-3841-44B4-A621-0FE98D5B63F2.jpeg.575ed30ff95535f60724c3b0cc5ee5bd.jpeg

The only weed growth was just on the water line and on the transducers.

05821F62-B951-41A6-B3F1-54E900FE6718.jpeg.f1692eadd8ad6bc6a1508be6f7d31de2.jpeg

Really not too bad at all I reckon. 
Question, I’ve never removed a prop before, is it just the nut that needs loosening off then slide the whole thing off ?? Is it a reversed thread? 

That actually looks pretty good for a season in the drink, so obviously you have the right antifoul on there.

Local to me during mid October, 16 boats were taken out (as they are every year) and there were plenty of barnacles and mussels on them, yours I would say is 90% better. One of the biggest problems locally in the estuary is small mussels blocking the engine intakes.

Interestingly the boats here come out in Oct and go back in just before Easter. They are taken out on a huge hydraulic trailer from the slipway, and 50% of the slipway carpark is tuned into a hardstanding area for the winter ............ £1000 per boat .

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

That actually looks pretty good for a season in the drink, so obviously you have the right antifoul on there.

Local to me during mid October, 16 boats were taken out (as they are every year) and there were plenty of barnacles and mussels on them, yours I would say is 90% better. One of the biggest problems locally in the estuary is small mussels blocking the engine intakes.

Interestingly the boats here come out in Oct and go back in just before Easter. They are taken out on a huge hydraulic trailer from the slipway, and 50% of the slipway carpark is tuned into a hardstanding area for the winter ............ £1000 per boat .

We don’t pay anything extra for being on the hard other than the labour costs except hire on the props that are pretty cheap. 

39 minutes ago, JonC said:

No crashing here other than your pore attempt at humour. We are discussing Fistys stern gear for your information. 🖕

So how is discussing Zook's Razzle collection related to Fisty's stern gear exactly?

13 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Well this is the gist of the conversation as I see it .............

Neil has been busy lubing his shaft ready for Jon's arrival, hoping to get pulled 🤣

FFS Ian, don't encourage them! 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Fisty, is your rudder stainless? Did you coat it and why hasn’t your anode eroded more?

Lets let the morons kid about @JonC, whilst we keep it real. From memory (which isnt great) my prop is bronze. Ive never coated it and this will be the first time ive cleaned it. The anode is roughly 11 months old, dont know why its in good shape, it will be changed though regardless. What would you coat a prop in anyway?? I know the angry SA welsh guy used to talk about white grease??