The battle begins today.

Lifted out today, first time for nearly two years although I changed my anodes on the beach after lockdown part on. 
Im sitting looking at it, and I need to draw up a battle plan. 

At least they’ve propped it up nice and high this time. 

36DB3BD9-08E6-4B28-91D3-A0BBCE3CFBE5.png

28270A0A-A808-47DA-96D7-F949AB7D9212.png

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Who did you get to do it?

One of my customers owns a company called Compass tenders. They make tenders for super yachts. Well one of his guys did it, and the super structure, and tomorrow he’s digging out all the beading and re doing. Then all the teak is being stripped and treated. 

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah, how things can turn around in a couple of days!

Yeah, you've had a rollercoaster of a week really, going from a broken boat with a sieve for a hull to a polished diamond ready for the salt. Reckon you deserve a cold one (or two, or three 😁)

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Yeah, you've had a rollercoaster of a week really, going from a broken boat with a sieve for a hull to a polished diamond ready for the salt. Reckon you deserve a cold one (or two, or three 😁)

I’m on it !! 👍🏻🍻

I only had a couple of hours this afternoon, so I cleaned up the rudder and skeg

F2954F5E-2374-4CEF-977E-7DA1F49FDAF2.thumb.png.8efeb95d50125787baf69c208e01020f.png
For this I used a combination of the silicone carbide polishing wheel and a wire brush wheel on a 4” grinderD9AD937A-B0F2-40CF-8D9E-64F2E7E2CFB9.png.906e22fc382665e3618d7a5595b24a7b.png 

Before it goes back in the water I will cover both in a thin layer of white grease. 

I also noticed a bit of play in my shaft, this is caused by wear on the cutlass bearing. That’s the rubber bit that goes inside the prop tunnel. Not sure what caused it, maybe it got a little warm or perhaps my shaft a little bit bent. Either way it’s an easy job once the prop is off. If the prop can lifted a little bit then that’s wrong and needs replacement.

2E3583E1-9190-44B8-99A9-6F1C2F535BAD.jpeg

1 hour ago, JonC said:

I also noticed a bit of play in my shaft, this is caused by wear on the cutlass bearing. That’s the rubber bit that goes inside the prop tunnel. Not sure what caused it, maybe it got a little warm or perhaps my shaft a little bit bent. Either way it’s an easy job once the prop is off. If the prop can lifted a little bit then that’s wrong and needs replacement.

2E3583E1-9190-44B8-99A9-6F1C2F535BAD.jpeg

Only IF you can get your prop off though.