Now the next job I need help with.

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Well ? ............ did you get it out OK ?

Jeez give me a chance Ian. Some of us have to work you know. 
So far turned this .....

E4041E76-0361-43DE-A950-FBCF94C95726.jpeg.8a6517235c0cbd94e6fb3f79e70d1c32.jpeg

Into this....

6F3B9037-892C-4021-B041-2EA0AE784A3B.jpeg.d33a643d454177bf4ae72542629ef63c.jpeg

I did however go down and give it a generous soaking of wd40. 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Jeez give me a chance Ian. Some of us have to work you know. 
So far turned this .....

E4041E76-0361-43DE-A950-FBCF94C95726.jpeg.8a6517235c0cbd94e6fb3f79e70d1c32.jpeg

Into this....

6F3B9037-892C-4021-B041-2EA0AE784A3B.jpeg.d33a643d454177bf4ae72542629ef63c.jpeg

I’m doing a kitchen at the moment for a friend, I haven’t missed that ripped out dusty smell at all. 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Plus Gas is a better option .........

Bloody hell you have been busy !  ...

I am also busy here and making a good start on the 60sqm raised decking. today I mixed half a cubic metre of concrete and set some of the 27 post shoes. Tomorrow will be digging out more footing holes for the remainder ...........

15 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Plus Gas is a better option .........

Bloody hell you have been busy !  ...

I am also busy here and making a good start on the 60sqm raised decking. today I mixed half a cubic metre of concrete and set some of the 27 post shoes. Tomorrow will be digging out more footing holes for the remainder ...........

Go steady at your age, you don’t want to do yourself a mischief before hospital now do you!! 

15 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Maybe for a real man like you Steve but for a mere fanny like me it takes love and tenderness to caress it out. 

Love and tenderness? Caressing? Stop it or you'll make yourself moist...

30 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Maybe for a real man like you Steve but for a mere fanny like me it takes love and tenderness to caress it out. 

Stop deluding yourself, it's a bit of case hardened steel, nothing more, nothing less....... Or are you scared you won't have something to tell us about once its out? Or is this the plumbers method of turning a £20 job into a £320 job??

🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Stop deluding yourself, it's a bit of case hardened steel, nothing more, nothing less....... Or are you scared you won't have something to tell us about once its out? Or is this the plumbers method of turning a £20 job into a £320 job??

🤣🤣

Don’t be mean. Your supposed to be supportive. This is all new to me bastard. 

21 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

🤣🤣

He hasn’t dropped his rates has he? £320 is the call out. No tools out the van for that money. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Well done Neil - just how many screwdrivers did you have to destroy? Geoff.

Geoff, thanks to wd40 and some sweet talking it popped out after just 3 medium weight taps. So no tools were injured! 👍🏻

Neil, having seen the full picture of the key, it is a combination of a woodruff and parallel key (woodruff ends and parallel centre section)☺️. The correct name for the key that you have is a "sled-runner". I was not aware of this type of key so I googled it. I try to learn something new every day!!! Geoff.

Edited by Geoff

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Neil, having seen the full picture of the key, it is a combination of a woodruff and parallel key (woodruff ends and parallel centre section)☺️. The correct name for the key that you have is a "sled-runner". I was not aware of this type of key so I googled it. I try to learn something new every day!!! Geoff.

Every day is a school day! 

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yes Jon, looking at the picture Neil posted you can see where the name comes from. Recommended removal is light tapping on one end - as with the Woodruff. Geoff. ☺️

So not the ‘Smash it with a bigger hammer’ technique as prescribed by @suzook12

I said don't be a pussy with it, not drag it out to an entire 2 pages of forum chat then expect congratulations for doing a 30 second job in 5 days..... I know that is industry practice in your trade, along with collecting stetsons and colt 45's 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Not really Neil, it is often necessary to use brute force, but I would always do that as a last resort. Geoff.  ☺️

Geoff, I think the expression you are looking for is controlled violence! 🤣

Right, so thats another easy job done, what's the next drama??