mid channel brace

DINOBOY

This a few years ago I guess? 

Cracking fish! 

We don’t get big pollack in wales. I’m tempted to go wreck hunting but a lot of fuel to find no fish.... I’d also need to get numbers of marks.... need to chase up my diving colleague for some 🤔

18 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

This a few years ago I guess? 

Cracking fish! 

We don’t get big pollack in wales. I’m tempted to go wreck hunting but a lot of fuel to find no fish.... I’d also need to get numbers of marks.... need to chase up my diving colleague for some 🤔

On 2/14/2021 at 9:00 AM, DINOBOY said:

two 20+ pollack from a 70 stone haul working on a mates commercial rod n line caught boat out of brixham, this was taken late in the day when I could hardly hold them up my arms were so tired lol. I had this brace one after the other, four fish in one drift over a colossal container ship that went down around 20 years ago 'cant remember the name of her' but she was stuffed with fish that January day. 

E650231A-FC63-4E11-9C0D-901194E7909D.jpeg

Probably the 'MV Gateway', which is about 42 miles out .......... 64m long and 10m wide .............

It is the only wreck where I have had a double figure Pollock on 4 successive drifts, that was last year, and we came in with 200kg of fish, just 3 of us fishing.

Most of it was taken to the local care homes ..........

48 minutes ago, DINOBOY said:

All in 120ft on super light gear, we release most stuff under 8lb 

had them to just under 15 on that mark. 

Don’t pollock swim bladders blow when brought up from that deep? Just wonder how many survive the release?

43 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Don’t pollock swim bladders blow when brought up from that deep? Just wonder how many survive the release?

We use really light tackle and play them to the surface, always net them then hold them in the water till they kick and dive. Any floaters go to the igloo. 👍

8 hours ago, DINOBOY said:

We were 27 miles off brixham. I get doubles every trip down here on my local inshore marks ‘pinnacles’ spoilt TBH. Few pics of the usual standard of fish inshore. Me n the old man. 👍

9B4A5FD9-4ADC-4B11-B27B-D35319E82835.jpeg

441512CD-7D12-4375-A9E3-16643CF1D961.jpeg

B75DE398-186C-4221-B4B0-BC5A096D3691.jpeg

F1883107-6963-48F6-9574-5759F5F5E97E.jpeg

D56B4AA6-F74F-484C-94C5-BFAEEA96EDDF.jpeg

1EFD7898-5E0A-482D-83FF-211705E49084.jpeg

Excellent stuff.

This is all local for me and I can't wait to get back out there once the weather improves. As you know, we have.about 300 fishable wrecks within a 40 radius.

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Excellent stuff.

This is all local for me and I can't wait to get back out there once the weather improves. As you know, we have.about 300 fishable wrecks within a 40 radius.

How many are your fault? 

On 2/19/2021 at 7:12 PM, Dicky said:

would be over the moon with fish of that quality

If you are happy to do the miles out to the 20 - 40 mile wrecks then that is the stamp of fish on them .............. sometimes you need to visit a few to find them though .........

20 hours ago, GPSguru said:

If you are happy to do the miles out to the 20 - 40 mile wrecks then that is the stamp of fish on them .............. sometimes you need to visit a few to find them though .........

Dino's pics were from inshore marks, happy to steam 15-20 miles out for decent fishing.