New EMF requirement for VHF users

4 hours ago, JonC said:

Swampy my dear thing , I could spend hours talking about the effects of ERF on here as I have done on some of the EFR forums that I’m a moderator on. One of those discussions got fairly heated recently and culminated in an organised knife fight in a 20 yard skip on an industrial estate in slough. 
The thing is it would go so far over the other members on here’s head it just isn’t worth talking about. 

I have to admit, as an enthusiast rather than an end user, my knowledge of ERF is quite extensive. They were ultimately made in Sandbach by one of the Foden brothers. Supplied with either Gardner or Cummins diesels, later with Rolls Royce eagles, equipped with Fuller Roadranger boxes and 2 speed axles.

Eventually taken over by MAN trucks, and the last were nothing more than rebadged MANs.

The old A series were quite an experience, floor vents that when opened you could see the tarmac, a radio that couldn't be heard over the engine/exhaust noise or the interference from the alternator. Heating that was non existent and having to cover half the radiator with a sack in winter to get the engine up to temperature.

@JonC What do you mean "Not that ERF?"

47 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I have to admit, as an enthusiast rather than an end user, my knowledge of ERF is quite extensive. They were ultimately made in Sandbach by one of the Foden brothers. Supplied with either Gardner or Cummins diesels, later with Rolls Royce eagles, equipped with Fuller Roadranger boxes and 2 speed axles.

Eventually taken over by MAN trucks, and the last were nothing more than rebadged MANs.

The old A series were quite an experience, floor vents that when opened you could see the tarmac, a radio that couldn't be heard over the engine/exhaust noise or the interference from the alternator. Heating that was non existent and having to cover half the radiator with a sack in winter to get the engine up to temperature.

@JonC What do you mean "Not that ERF?"

I think I’ve covered this issue enough on other forums with people that appreciate FEF

12 minutes ago, JonC said:

I think I’ve covered this issue enough on other forums with people that appreciate FEF

Well, for those of us who aren't experts perhaps you could share some of your wisdom here Jon?

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Such as...??

Thanks Andy for raising the question, it is something that is very important to us all. I can assure you that it is something that we all take seriously. 

10 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I think he's out of his depth now. Dodging the question is never a good look. 🤣

Not at all, I just don’t want to keep going over it here where it is wasted on the majority of the members. 

Jon C, do you work for wish.com customer services ?

I've just had delivered 1000m of 4 strand 20lb braid with a diameter of .25mm

I ordered 8 strand 20lb which had a dia of .20mm

No matter what I typed, the customer service (yeah righto) person just kept repeating  "your order is correct and the seller had fulfilled it"

Fuck sake, frustration or what

28 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Jon C, do you work for wish.com customer services ?

I've just had delivered 1000m of 4 strand 20lb braid with a diameter of .25mm

I ordered 8 strand 20lb which had a dia of .20mm

No matter what I typed, the customer service (yeah righto) person just kept repeating  "your order is correct and the seller had fulfilled it"

Fuck sake, frustration or what

You have had your line, what’s the problem? Perhaps you should have been clearer when you ordered?