Trailer brakes

People don't seem to realise how important and versatile a tool a hammer is!!! From checking tightness of wheel nuts (wheel tappers- heard of them?) right through to forming shapes in metal work.

Despite being thought of as a mechanical weapon of mass destruction by the pro luddites, it can also be used as a precision engineering tool..... That is why there are so many shapes and sizes. Not every hammer is a 7lb club hammer!!

Don't blame others for your own crude use of such a versatile piece of equipment, at no point was it advised to bludgeon anything to death!! 👍

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

People don't seem to realise how important and versatile a tool a hammer is!!! From checking tightness of wheel nuts (wheel tappers- heard of them?) right through to forming shapes in metal work.

Despite being thought of as a mechanical weapon of mass destruction by the pro luddites, it can also be used as a precision engineering tool..... That is why there are so many shapes and sizes. Not every hammer is a 7lb club hammer!!

Don't blame others for your own crude use of such a versatile piece of equipment, at no point was it advised to bludgeon anything to death!! 👍

Perhaps a fully illustrated guide would help us understand, fixing everything from plotter screens to oil tanker anchors?

9 hours ago, JonC said:

Perhaps a fully illustrated guide would help us understand, fixing everything from plotter screens to oil tanker anchors?

I could, but you'd need to read the words as well which makes me feel my time would be wasted

• 2 weeks later...

Apache is now back on her own two wheels again. The brake coupling was too far siezed to be repaired, so I invested in a brand new one which I fitted today.

QDSUKNt.jpg

The drums went on and the nuts were done up (all 290nm of them)

Uy081z6.jpg

And now she's ready for viewings...

rH63rNm.jpg

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

(all290nm of them)

definitely more than the usual 3 grunts and a hernia 🤣

You're not wrong! 🥵

Luckily I have a length of scaffold tube that is a lifesaver for situations such as these.

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Good luck with finding a happy buyer. 

Thanks Neil. Part of me wants to keep her and trail to the south-west for fishing getaways but it feels a bit decadent to run a boat just for the odd weekend's fishing, so she needs to go before I change my mind...

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Thanks Neil. Part of me wants to keep her and trail to the south-west for fishing getaways but it feels a bit decadent to run a boat just for the odd weekend's fishing, so she needs to go before I change my mind...

Yeah it’s a nice idea, but an expensive one for the amount of use she’d get. A new owner would give her the fishing trips and dog fish she deserves! 

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I think you should offer it as a prize on this forum.......