Post survey pics of my Fenline (Fenlander).

Geoff

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Excellent job Geoff. Can we see some of the whole boat too please? 
I take it the survey went well? Or did I miss that somewhere else? 

I am still awaiting the survey report, but the surveyor told me that in his opinion the build quality was equal to or better than that of most small boat builders, and that he was very impressed with the attention to detail. He did say that the insurance company would require locks on the hatches. He also mentioned the lack of c0 detector, fire extinguisher etc. and electronic equipment - most of which I have indoors, although  I do need more modern electronics. Geoff.

Andy, can you please tell me how to invert the pics. When I open the file on the PC they are fine, but for some reason load upside down. A very confused. Geoff.😣

20 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Andy, can you please tell me how to invert the pics. When I open the file on the PC they are fine, but for some reason load upside down. A very confused. Geoff.😣

Welcome to my world Geoff! 
The boat is looking great, very professional 

19 minutes ago, JonC said:

Out of interest, considering that this project is nearly complete how many more half started projects does that leave you with?

Far too many Jon - too many projects and not enough time!!! Geoff.☺️

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

I've rotated these ones for you Geoff. In future, you can try editing the pics on your phone. Select something along the lines of Edit, then Rotate, then Save. This should override the orientation settings that your phone applies to the photos when you take them, meaning that they appear in the correct orientation.

13 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I've rotated these ones for you Geoff. In future, you can try editing the pics on your phone. Select something along the lines of Edit, then Rotate, then Save. This should override the orientation settings that your phone applies to the photos when you take them, meaning that they appear in the correct orientation.

Thanks for altering these pics Andy. We will see how the next lot come out - I will wait with baited breath. Geoff. ☺️

• 2 weeks later...

Survey and valuation report were fine and the insurance company are happy and now quoted. I am going to insure her tomorrow. The engine has been registered by the Mercury dealer and he has now been informed that there is a possible recall for a part and that I must check out the code on a part somewhere near the dipstick. I cannot remember what the part is, but it is somewhere near the dipstick and it is something to do with the resetting the idle speed when the engine is re-started. Far too many gizmos on these modern motors,but they do look good! Nothing serious, but just a wee bit annoying when I have not yet even tried to start it! Geoff.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:00 PM, Geoff said:

Survey and valuation report were fine and the insurance company are happy and now quoted. I am going to insure her tomorrow. The engine has been registered by the Mercury dealer and he has now been informed that there is a possible recall for a part and that I must check out the code on a part somewhere near the dipstick. I cannot remember what the part is, but it is somewhere near the dipstick and it is something to do with the resetting the idle speed when the engine is re-started. Far too many gizmos on these modern motors,but they do look good! Nothing serious, but just a wee bit annoying when I have not yet even tried to start it! Geoff.

Sounds like the Idle control valve (ICV)..... it sets the idle speed as directed from the ECM

It also detects whether you are in troll control mode and also the current being drawn from the alternator and if the current is above a certain threshold it assumes the battery is partially flat and increases the idle RPM to charge the battery quicker. The ICV is controlled from the ECM (Engine Control Module).