Blue Monday

Odyssey

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

So on Sunday evening I was down the boat, full of fuel already, thanks to mate who sorted that out 🙂 

It was pretty cold down there but nice and snug in my sleeping bag, alarm set for 06:15 as Ian ( @headlight) was due to meet me on boat at 06:30. Woke up to voices ar 06:00…. He was already there, so quickly got dressed and, called the pier head to sneak out of free flow 🙂 we were out of the marina by 06:15 🙂 

A little over 2 hours later we started our drift, chum out, rods out put the kettle on and 5 mins later Ian was into a nice blue giving him the run around 🤣🤣🤣

Thats how it went all day…. Constant fish. 24 blues, best going 140lb at least 5 over a ton, most 80-90lb. 

If it was quiet, I mixed up some fresh chum, to boost the chum and straight away into fish. I can’t stress enough why you need regular chum and keep that chum bag releasing well all day! 

We could of had more as we had a few in the slick at end of the day we were sight fishing for but these we’re smaller ones, only 70lb so after chatting to the crew with achy arms we headed home. Was right call as wind got up and got a bit of sorwy coming in from easterly wind. Back into Marina just before 7pm. Long day but worth jt 🙂 

Nice to get Odyssey back on the sharks, now for something a little bigger maybe 🤔🤔🤔

Pics to follow once I get them sent over 

Well done, and good on you for taking an OAP out with you for the day, can’t be nice for him sitting in the home all day. 
Did you check all your cups and glasses are still there? 

52 minutes ago, JonC said:

Well done, and good on you for taking an OAP out with you for the day, can’t be nice for him sitting in the home all day. 
Did you check all your cups and glasses are still there? 

Care in the Community at it's best.

11 hours ago, Odyssey said:

We could of had more as we had a few in the slick at end of the day we were sight fishing for but these we’re smaller ones, only 70lb so after chatting to the crew with achy arms we headed home.

The most I have ever heard of is Kieren Faisey (Lo-Kie -Penzance) with his brother Liam, had 104 blues in one day.

I think they try the 'ton up' every year, last year they got to 60+ and then Liam hooked a 300lb BFT 🤣

10 hours ago, GPSguru said:

The most I have ever heard of is Kieren Faisey (Lo-Kie -Penzance) with his brother Liam, had 104 blues in one day.

I think they try the 'ton up' every year, last year they got to 60+ and then Liam hooked a 300lb BFT 🤣

I’ve heard of 90 on white water but that’s 5 guys fishing and a skipper not fishing… 

Id still swap them all for a Mako….. one was sighted abd hooked (but came off) out of Looe. So maybe there is a chance. 

BFT not up here yet, I’ll soon get distracted when they do 🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Dicky said:

Nice day Luke. I'm back down on White Water on the 7th i hope we do as well. 

I saw much more life out there, Dolphins getting bait balls together, gannets diving, whales out there etc. Seems like Celtic deeps is really waking up at last 🙂 

I’m sure Andrew will put you on the fish 🙂 

On 8/25/2021 at 8:55 AM, Odyssey said:

I saw much more life out there, Dolphins getting bait balls together, gannets diving, whales out there etc. Seems like Celtic deeps is really waking up at last 🙂 

I’m sure Andrew will put you on the fish 🙂 

Are you anchored in a small bay just near dale, if so we've just passed you

And you shouldn't be fornicating on your sun deck in full view 😆

Took some work friends out to the islands and a few beers at watwick. 

Tried to take them fishing but more interested in fish stealing seals….

I’ve heard the reefs are quiet? 

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

We’re you conoodling on deck again?

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

We’re you conoodling on deck again?

???? 

Nope, drinking a beer making more shark rigs…. Tuna are in soon as are the blues in numbers, 103 sharks to 260lb so far, need another 97 to hit target 😬😬😬😬😬

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Yes mate, nothing at all on the reefs we tried, not even a take

Went out to a wreck and picked up around 30 Pollock between the 8 of us to 10lb

I dropped 2 half way up that were easily doubles (compared to the 6/7lb fish I caught)

The first snapped the snood just before the main line and the second straightened quite a thick hook

There were certainly bigger fish down there

26 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Yes mate, nothing at all on the reefs we tried, not even a take

Went out to a wreck and picked up around 30 Pollock between the 8 of us to 10lb

I dropped 2 half way up that were easily doubles (compared to the 6/7lb fish I caught)

The first snapped the snood just before the main line and the second straightened quite a thick hook

There were certainly bigger fish down there

I’ve heard the wrecks are better, smalls has been poor too. It’s been a weird year down there 😬