gloves

i know you will all mock me for wearing gloves once to hold a thornie - but this is a serious question..... 

I need to get the father in law some gloves for winter fishing for xmas - the type with fold back thumb and forefinger so he can still bait up - any recommendations? 

TIA

bad luck - theres no green on pugwash - 

"From painting a boat the colour of grass to having anything of that hue on board, even little specks on ropes, the colour green is not a sailor's friend. The association is likely to be with land, in fact seamen thought painting a vessel green would ensure it'd run aground."

7 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

bad luck - theres no green on pugwash - 

"From painting a boat the colour of grass to having anything of that hue on board, even little specks on ropes, the colour green is not a sailor's friend. The association is likely to be with land, in fact seamen thought painting a vessel green would ensure it'd run aground."

Bollox

Anyway, by the time Pugwash gets there they would have turned brown and mouldy! 

Sealskinz are awesome but don’t do fingerless and are ££ 

Marigold gloves are good to keep hands dry as usually when you’ve got wet hands that when you freeze…

22 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

no heater - good call though on a diesel heater.......  the wheelhouse does offer a lot of shelter whilst fishing though..... 

get him some heating. 
when I’m fishing in winter it’s t shirt and Speedos 

58 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

no heater - good call though on a diesel heater.......  the wheelhouse does offer a lot of shelter whilst fishing though..... 

iIts still not like having a heater. You could have vents coming out onto the dashboard in the cuddy to warm your hands up. Be warned though it might double your fuel consumption. 

On 12/1/2021 at 3:37 PM, Saintly Fish said:

I had a pair of those (or very similar) and the edge of the small circular velcro pads on mine were bloody sharp

Gave myself a "paper cut" on the end of my nose when I wiped a dew drop off

Stung a bit too

2 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I had a pair of those (or very similar) and the edge of the small circular velcro pads on mine were bloody sharp

Gave myself a "paper cut" on the end of my nose when I wiped a dew drop off

Stung a bit too

Hope you rubbed some rag worm juice in it to sooth the pain!! 

4 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

If you have an outboard, you could sit him on the cowling and tell him to hold his hands under the pee hole.... Velcro pads could come in useful.....

If he had an outboard he'd get places before fingers froze!