Weds 15th and Thurs 16th - Morning Sessions

GPSguru

39 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Good fishing and a lucky escape with that submerged object - your luck was in so go buy a lottery ticket!

Wonder where the pollack have gone? Fished out or just somewhere different?

The Bass have been on the inshore wrecks in numbers much, much longer than usual.  I suspect they have elbowed the pollock out for a while.

It is about time the spikey pot bait should move on the the spawning grounds. I cant see them staying much longer.

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

When I did the school run this afternoon I noticed that Gary’s ( @thejollysinker ) truck was in the car park and I couldn’t see his boat, so I guess he braved the lumpy conditions and went out.

Hi Ian, ( @GPSguru ) I was indeed out, before first light as I took this whilst drifting over the Galicia, hell of a sight ☺️

So glad to be able to get out and have a day on the jollysinker (not it's real name, that's a joke from my friend Rob many moons ago). I booked a day off at short notice which was accepted so it was all systems go.

I'll do write up when I get a chance with some pics, not the most eventful of days with a trip out to the rough ground which produced mostly whiting and dogs. I swear the sea floor is carpeted with those buggers( whiting) this time of year.... and they ain't very big either 😞

Untitled-10.png

10 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

Hi Ian, ( @GPSguru ) I was indeed out, before first light as I took this whilst drifting over the Galicia, hell of a sight ☺️

So glad to be able to get out and have a day on the jollysinker (not it's real name, that's a joke from my friend Rob many moons ago). I booked a day off at short notice which was accepted so it was all systems go.

I'll do write up when I get a chance with some pics, not the most eventful of days with a trip out to the rough ground which produced mostly whiting and dogs. I swear the sea floor is carpeted with those buggers( whiting) this time of year.... and they ain't very big either 😞

Untitled-10.png

I probably saw you on my way back in from the Boma.

If I had known you were going out you could have crewed with me out to the 9 mile wrecks (Boma, stewart, & grieffon).

47 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I probably saw you on my way back in from the Boma.

If I had known you were going out you could have crewed with me out to the 9 mile wrecks (Boma, stewart, & grieffon).

I would have but I wanted to go out on my boat as well and when presented with the opportunity for a full day, well, you just can't say no can you.... 😉

5 minutes ago, thejollysinker said:

I wish.... Bloody work 😭

Bad luck.

Stick up a report from today them you get a chance. Keen to hear more about how you got on (and how your boat got her  nickname 😉).