If money were no object...

Personaly I would still stay bellow 6m. Boats in that range are far more adaptable to all kinds of fishing and able to be towed to most locations. Working through the hull extreme bar conditions often means small boats can get offshore when the bigger even high powered boats can't. There's also a big advantage keeping a smaller boat at home in your garage over a large vessel kept on a mooring. 

When it comes to handling fish, especially bigger game species, a small boat is hands down the easiest way to speed up any catch and release.

If money were simply no object then I would simply privately charter any boat and let the owner be responsible for its upkeep, apart from that Ive already owned the boats I like, with the smallest travelling the furthest distances and catching the most variety of fish.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Got to be a big fat Cheetah Cat for me, with an extended wheelhouse and twin 300's.

One of the two boats my daughter now skippers. The upkeep on such vessels that are being run daily ( some days 4 trips ) can be high, as is the fuel cost to the 900hp of power.

Last year I did a couple of rescues with my little zodiac that this bigger vessel skipper refused to attempt.

_JDP8866.thumb.JPG.61284cdfc924455cf00c0d31d0e04154.JPG

There is a big cat that a guy called Dave Shelton has in my marina. It is undoubtedly the best privately owned fishing boat that is going. Not sure the make etc but it is a beast. 
There are better palaces about but as far as fishing goes this is the last word. 

8523F523-6C69-44B7-B615-03BF3F7B71A1.png

6 minutes ago, JDP said:

One of the two boats my daughter now skippers. The upkeep on such vessels that are being run daily ( some days 4 trips ) can be high, as is the fuel cost to the 900hp of power.

Last year I did a couple of rescues with my little zodiac that this bigger vessel skipper refused to attempt.

_JDP8866.thumb.JPG.61284cdfc924455cf00c0d31d0e04154.JPG

Don't worry about running costs. This is money no  object, right?? 😬😬

6 minutes ago, JonC said:

There is a big cat that a guy called Dave Shelton has in my marina. It is undoubtedly the best privately owned fishing boat that is going. Not sure the make etc but it is a beast. 
There are better palaces about but as far as fishing goes this is the last word. 

No idea. I know the helm is like the bridge of the enterprise without that Vulcan twat. 

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Don't worry about running costs. This is money no  object, right?? 😬😬

Yes but many of those costs ( repairs )  keep the boat out of action, where a trailer boat can simply be taken anywhere to fix. There's an incredible lack of diesel mechanics here, where even comercial operators have at least two weeks of down time if there's a problem they can't fix themselves.

17 minutes ago, JonC said:

Those bolt on wings look like an after thought to help with bow lift or perhaps stop it burying its nose in big following seas.

15 minutes ago, JDP said:

Yes but many of those costs ( repairs )  keep the boat out of action, where a trailer boat can simply be taken anywhere to fix. There's an incredible lack of diesel mechanics here, where even comercial operators have at least two weeks of down time if there's a problem they can't fix themselves.

Gap in the market for you Jon??

10m cougar with outboards island wheelhouse. 

Or 10m Swiftcat, quicker than a cougar. 

Cheetah nice boats, need at least a 11m with island wheelhouse to make it work. Then you got to park the thing.... 

However, an Evo 30 is a hell of a boat 😉 

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Whoa there speedy! I was talking to JonD aka @JDP

I only do the basics, oil filters and impeller at a push. The mechanic I use is so cheap its not worth me doing mechanical work. It helps that he also has a commercial sea urchin boat that I often skipper for him. The thought of working in the bilge of vessels over here in the heat we get when I can simply sit above deck driving them is a no brainer!!!!... besides I rarely work these days unless its something I like doing.

3 hours ago, JDP said:

Heres a cougar cat recently popped onto the market, roughly 80k Uk money https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/commercial-vessel/cougar-cat-15-0-flybridge/253345 

Very nice Jon, but I think he means one of these from Breaksea Boats .................however, they do a couple of cabin styles .......................

spacer.png

5 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Very nice Jon, but I think he means one of these from Breaksea Boats .................however, they do a couple of cabin styles .......................

spacer.png

There is one on twin shafts for sale in Cardiff for 100k+VAT so a bit out of my league 😢😢

4 hours ago, iowspence said:

Here is the walk around Cheetah. The problem as I discussed with @British Big Game Fishingis the extended central cabin drastically reduces deck space at the front and the rear with the sloped windows, whereas the Cougar has enough walk around at the front for a person to access but a huge main deck with a vertical window to the cabin which gives so much more room...

cat.PNG

Yep! Agree with you there! 

Vigilante 33 is also a nice boat, plenty of deck space but it’s a mono hull

Celtic deeps are good....

Those days with no wind but still you got a 2-3m alantic swell rolling in. Cats abs mono hulls roll in that. 

Monohull has got me home in a F6 gusting F7.. wasn’t fun but got there 🙂