Lyme Bay Wrecks - Nov 29th

GPSguru

Sounds like you had a good time riding those swells... better than any fairground rides I bet 😅

Shame there wasn't more fish about after that effort though but good on you for trying.

I missed the opportunity yesterday as I'm off work this week doing loads of work on the house which desperately needs doing.... it did look like a good day to be out 🙂

Was a great day for surfers yesterday with a strong, long range alantic swell running. Your guesses correlate well to the wave buoys Inuse to track the surf and see what I’m missing due to work! 

7 hours ago, JonC said:

I don’t believe it happened without pictures. 

This is a self defeatist attitude, as some folk will refrain from posting in fear of a toxic comment from the site management. 
I look forward to a comment from @Andy135 regarding this negative attitude from two of the SLT

#twatfromessexsendsthewrongvibes

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Good write up Ian. Sounds like a tricky day to be out, but good effort for persevering. Rather envious that you've been able to get out. Lack of boat aside, it's been rubbish weather on the south coast for ages.

Now for the funny side, and yes, you bast’ids can take the pee.

Well apart from fishing a red gill with the hook guard on some time ago (more than once), I have managed to go one better.

on the 25 mile wreck I hooked a very decent pout with the slow jig, however, just as I went to lift it out of the water it fell off.  We did another 3 drifts and I was getting hits but no hookups. I mentioned this to James and the next time I reeled up he started laughing. The jig was HOOKLESS ! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I can only assume that when the Pout dropped off, it took the hooks with it. I guess the solid ring snapped (i have had that happen before, but it is rare). 

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

Now for the funny side, and yes, you bast’ids can take the pee.

Well apart from fishing a red gill with the hook guard on some time ago (more than once), I have managed to go one better.

on the 25 mile wreck I hooked a very decent pout with the slow jig, however, just as I went to lift it out of the water it fell off.  We did another 3 drifts and I was getting hits but no hookups. I mentioned this to James and the next time I reeled up he started laughing. The jig was HOOKLESS ! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I can only assume that when the Pout dropped off, it took the hooks with it. I guess the solid ring snapped (i have had that happen before, but it is rare). 

That's shocking. I don't understand why you would assume we would take the piss!! 

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

This is a self defeatist attitude, as some folk will refrain from posting in fear of a toxic comment from the site management. 
I look forward to a comment from @Andy135 regarding this negative attitude from two of the SLT

#twatfromessexsendsthewrongvibes

You do realise it's only pictures of you that he's interested in? He's got the hump because he was hoping for pics of your tache surrounded by rubber.

8 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

That's shocking. I don't understand why you would assume we would take the piss!! 

Assume has nothing to do with it. GPSguru KNOWS that you are rolling about with laughter!!! Geoff.🙂

On 11/30/2022 at 9:39 AM, Andy135 said:

Sounds like a tricky day to be out, but good effort for persevering.

The sea conditions made it tricky, as whilst drifting a constant ‘look out’ was imperative to see any rogue waves in the swell pattern.

Also coming back in at speed required a lot of concentration as you really don't want to stuff the bow in a 3m swell !

However, it was very enjoyable and good to be using the boat in the sea conditions it was designed to do. 👍

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Also coming back in at speed required a lot of concentration as you really don't want to stuff the bow in a 3m swell !

I still remember a day out from Anstruther in the late 70's on a wooden creel boat and the skipper wasn't watching out and we nose dived into a wave, there was a sudden stop with a terrible crack and we all looked at one another thinking, how far to shore is it! I was convinced that we would sink.