It's called fishing, not catching. Right Andy?

Saintly Fish

13 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Leo and I had the pleasure of @Andy135and his son Thomas for the day. Onboard Tarlach Too we set out for the Solent from Port Hamble at 07.30 in search of the Solent unicorn. 
We had not seen Thomas for over a year, but him and Leo seamlessly picked up their friendship from what seems like the last fart joke they shared! 
By 08.15 we were at our mark in the western Solent, rods baited and sent down to the depths in eagerness by 08.30, just in time for the pick up of the strongest part of the tide. I had studied the relief shading chart the night before and hatched a plan to fish slightly off of where I would normally set the hook on this mark. 
Andy was first into the fish with an ever so eager LSD (what else?). Than a lull in proceedings. After about an hour I was in and a nice plump 4.5lb codling was expertly netted and bought aboard for dispatch. It had after all swallowed the hook. 
This catch set the tone for the next couple of hours with frantic fishing being expertly executed. Shame no more fish were caught though. 
We waited for the slack water period to end and just before the tide changed I recommended a slight repositioning to fish a drop offs edge on the flood. So we picked up and re dropped 200 yards North/West of where we originally were. Andy was having rattles consistently and in the true professional manner only he has mastered, he shock them off before winding in. 
The boys in the mean time were hunkered up in the V berth playing video games, blowing up balloons and making the rudest fart noises they possibly could with the escaping air! 
Soon Andy managed to not shake off a whiting and it was collected for the pot, around a 3/4lb fish. This was followed by another of around the same size, so plenty of white flesh for fish fingers! 
Then on Leo's rod the faintest of bites was seen, and then seen again by my keen eyes. Good job it wasn't close range vision work or I'd be fucked. 
Anyway, I lifted into the bite and sure enough fish on and Leo took over🙄
He landed another nice little codling around 3.5lb this time. He was well chuffed. But I could sense @Andy135 was turning greener and greener with envy. I didn't want him to feel bad so I kept quiet. 
That was it. 15.38 we hauled in the anchor and set for home. Once the boat was tied up and unloaded, some merriment ensued and the cut of Leo's jib went straight through the heart of Andy, who was exclaiming about our cod and his lack of, when Leo remarked "Well that's why they call it fishing not catching Andy"!!!! 

Ouch......🤣

My fish of the day...

B77AAD7E-233A-49D8-955A-54DE6DBC1DA2.jpeg.f34279f753c852e9ad2fa78b4b36118f.jpeg

Leo's fish of the day..

CDD52F8B-C07D-4B2F-80AF-45ADE2EB5F01.jpeg.336bac56d42cc1182fec5f9968fb42ab.jpeg

Andy's fish of the day..

🎣

The journey home..

96B4363F-9EA6-4AAE-B93D-005B2B28C89B.jpeg.53b79a7d5a6804bc5e74b6c1564407cf.jpeg

2F10C27C-FB09-4ABD-8E29-471274EC490B.jpeg.f87515005d3525d4b080e5d3e10294ad.jpeg

The motley crew...

A3E7DBCF-8189-4EBD-94EE-91DD424684DC.jpeg.eaebf4702ede23acaec3e16f83a4629b.jpeg

Thanks boys, a great way to start 2023!! 👍🏻

glad you all had a good day out weather looked great great report and pics and some bonus fish happy new year

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Tonight/tomorrow it will be done. He's invested 22 hours so far!!

Good effort, the hardest part I found was finding the specific parts that constantly took turns hiding from me.