Hi everyone, glad to be joining the group

alan stevens

Hi folks, my name is Alan and I live in north Essex. I have fished the Essex rivers and coastline all my life. As a kid, my dad had a boat at Wallasey Island so every weekend it was the Crouch that entertained us. Now my job takes me all over the world and I try to fish wherever I go. Covid has of course prevented me from travelling this year so I have fallen in love again with the essex beaches. I write a blog each week which is posted on a Sunday at www.essexanglers.co.uk

The fishing has been awesome to be fair but I would like to get out on boats again. If anyone needs a deckhand or someone to share the costs of a trip do please let me know

Cheers for now

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum. We have a couple of Essex-based boat anglers on here, so I'm sure they'll be in touch when they're short-handed. 

I've just taken a look at your blog - very nice! Three cheers for the humble whiting, and let's not forget the dogfish either - the blanker's best friend 😉

1 minute ago, JonC said:

Hi Alan, welcome on board.Please put a link up to your blog for the whole class to see. 
I spoke to you on halfpenny pier a few weeks ago. 
Jon

He already has Jon - it's in his original post!

#shouldhavegonetospecsavers

1 minute ago, JonC said:

I meant put it in full view you arse!

besides I edited it within 10 second, are you stalking me again? Remember what the judge said!

So why not say that then if that's what you meant? 🤣

Stalking you? No... just keeping an eye on you like a jealous girlfriend now that you've shacked up with Tadpole... :classic_ninja:

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum. We have a couple of Essex-based boat anglers on here, so I'm sure they'll be in touch when they're short-handed. 

There are some reliable people on here, be careful planning a trip out of Portsmouth though. 

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

I meant put it in full view you arse!

besides I edited it within 10 second, are you stalking me again? Remember what the judge said!

Expand  

So why not say that then if that's what you meant? 🤣

Because you covered it, I didn’t want to over expose it . 

Well, that's Alan's Intro post well and truly side-tracked! 🤣

@alan stevens, apologies for taking your thread off topic. That seems to happen a lot on here. Normal service to be resumed 👍

Welcome to the site Alan. You may already have realised that there are a couple of real fools on here. But, don’t worry, the rest of us sensible ones will keep you safe from harm. 
Enjoy the forum and please muck in with whatever you feel like that’s boat or fish related. 

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Well, that's Alan's Intro post well and truly side-tracked! 🤣

@alan stevens, apologies for taking your thread off topic. That seems to happen a lot on here. Normal service to be resumed 👍

i thought that was normal on here,🤣  🤣

5 minutes ago, iowspence said:

They can ban me @JonC but then they won’t then be travelling down to the promised lands with me if they do.... 🎣🦈🤣🤣🤣

@iowspence, Jon was talking about himself. You do know he has the power don’t you? 

6 minutes ago, iowspence said:

I think the invite was revoked because he was worried you would wipe the floor with him @JonC that’s why he took @Saintly Fishbecause he wouldn’t feel pressured.... 🤣

He took me because I always get him on the fish when he’s on my boat. I think he wanted me to drive his boat and find him some numbers to pinch really. 

7 minutes ago, iowspence said:

I think you are mistaken @Saintly Fish. @JonC mentioned the senior management, which obviously relates to you 2 older statesmen... 

I think the invite was revoked because he was worried you would wipe the floor with him @JonC that’s why he took @Saintly Fishbecause he wouldn’t feel pressured.... 🤣

Everyone is using COVID as an excuse for shit service lately, it’s the fully comprehensive get out clause for any shit performance or service.