Hi everyone, glad to be joining the group

alan stevens

Hi everyone, thanks for making me feel welcome. Really appreciate it. Sorry for the slow responses as didn't check the site all week not expecting much banter. How wrong I clearly was! Bring it one guys haha

had a fantastic day fishing yesterday on the Blackwater. Using slider rigs pulled in a 3 1/2lb codling (small for you boat guys but tidy for the essex beaches) along with 6lb thornback, five small sole and a couple of gurnard. Strangely not a single whiting? Will blog about if today from 6pm on essexanglers.co.uk  Both the cod and flounders were caught well off the bottom on whole bluey so I reckon the fish are feeding on the river herring. More later chaps  - for now have a great day

4 hours ago, JonC said:

That’s the biggest codling caught in the area yet so well done. I know the beache at st Lawrence fished really slow yesterday, there was about 10 rods there I think.

About 10 fishing again this morning but looked quiet. 

1 hour ago, alan stevens said:

Yeah I was watching the posts. Seems lots of people out but not much action. Just a lucky guess to fish with the slider. 

I’ve just been on beach patrol again ( red speedos) not a great day’s results most people seem to have blanked 

33 minutes ago, alan stevens said:

posted in the catch reports Andy. Does it show there mate?

Spot on Alan. Good work. As an FYI I've deleted your post in the Boat catch reports as we already have your report in the Shore section 👍

Well done again. An impressive session using a new technique 🎣

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Spot on Alan. Good work. As an FYI I've deleted your post in the Boat catch reports as we already have your report in the Shore section 👍

Well done again. An impressive session using a new technique 🎣

Power crazed mod deleting everything!