Fishy's new toy

Andy135

9 hours ago, Maverick said:

All joking aside the ford vans are lovely vehicles, we have two of them and I would rather them than the Mercedes Vito we have

Fords are ok as a new van, bit of a liability as a works van especially over 150k miles, sprinters and dailies far better in that respect

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Mine will never get to 150k. Not in my ownership anyway. 40k maybe

Do you lease or buy? Some great deals available for leasing vans are available. Lorries are far more expensive to lease, so I buy mine but a van I would lease . 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Do you lease or buy? Some great deals available for leasing vans are available. Lorries are far more expensive to lease, so I buy mine but a van I would lease . 

My old man used to be a manager at fords so I’m buying it with a 50% discount. 

2 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Fords are ok as a new van, bit of a liability as a works van especially over 150k miles, sprinters and dailies far better in that respect

Our vehicles never get to that kind of mileage as they all average around 10-12k per year with us changing them at about 8/9 years old.  Our oldest van is a 2013 vito which is total rubbish at 80k  Will be going soon

9 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Our vehicles never get to that kind of mileage as they all average around 10-12k per year with us changing them at about 8/9 years old.  Our oldest van is a 2013 vito which is total rubbish at 80k  Will be going soon

Ha.... My daily is barely run in at 250k, just at 15 years old the body is falling off of it

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Super van Neil, and with that discount must rate as fantastic value for money. Well done.  I enjoyed reading your post and have sent a copy to your local tax office!!! Geoff.

Lovely thanks Geoff. Your the best💋

Thats a good discount fp, I've been looking for a 16/17 plate as an upgrade from my 10 plate transit and they're all silly money, 

I can get a new 20 plate L2 H2 Traffic/Vivaro for 17k plus vat, but don't want to spend that sort of money 

Every man and his dog are now looking for vans so they can be a courier

3 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Thats a good discount fp, I've been looking for a 16/17 plate as an upgrade from my 10 plate transit and they're all silly money, 

I can get a new 20 plate L2 H2 Traffic/Vivaro for 17k plus vat, but don't want to spend that sort of money 

Every man and his dog are now looking for vans so they can be a courier

This one just cost me £18950 inc vat👍🏻

7 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

nice van neal, is it a van or a camper?

if its a van are you going to put rod holders on and baite fridge ect or is it a serport vicale for the boat

Hi Pete, it’s a crew cab. So two rows of seats for up to 5 passengers. Then a bull head and a large boot area. We will use it as a weekend van along side a drive away awning. Probably only a couple of times a year though. With the bulkhead removed a blow up mattress can be put in the back to sleep on when we do our drive to the Czech Republic annually.