mike farrants

Hi newbie - here from weymouth - not got a boat yet, but actively looking, have sailed lots as a youngster growing up on the IOW -bene landlocked for 15yrs in bucks but moved to Weymouth back in the summer and want to get into a bit of boat fishing/exploring, pottering etc.

have been shore fishing for years and want to make the most of this wonderful location! 

Hello Mike, welcome to the forum. Great forum, but a lot of mickey takers (pun intended) on here. Being stuck in landlocked Lincolnshire (the wash does not count) I envy your location. Geoff. ☺️

Edited by Geoff
must be careful here, but I got mxied up with f's& d's

@mike farrants, glad you found the article and signed up to the site. It’s a hell of a lot busier and more fun here than on the other site I found you lurking on. 
Muck in, don’t be scared to ask questions. Even if you think they are stupid ones. No such thing as a stupid question if you don’t know the answers!

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

@mike farrants, glad you found the article and signed up to the site. It’s a hell of a lot busier and more fun here than on the other site I found you lurking on. 
Muck in, don’t be scared to ask questions. Even if you think they are stupid ones. No such thing as a stupid question if you don’t know the answers!

The stupid ones are those that don't ask the questions. Geoff.

As the fountain of all knowledge Neil, there is no need. Rest assured that when I need information I ask ask ask. Once when in training our class of about twenty had 17 failures, but the top 3 all had over 70%. The tutor stood in front of the class nearly pulling his hair out as these results reflected badly on HIM. He said why can't you be more like Lewis - he's a darn nuisance with his questions, but always gets good results. A leopard never changes his spots - still a darn nuisance. Geoff.

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

As the fountain of all knowledge Neil, there is no need. Rest assured that when I need information I ask ask ask. Once when in training our class of about twenty had 17 failures, but the top 3 all had over 70%. The tutor stood in front of the class nearly pulling his hair out as these results reflected badly on HIM. He said why can't you be more like Lewis - he's a darn nuisance with his questions, but always gets good results. A leopard never changes his spots - still a darn nuisance. Geoff.

Can’t teach an old mutt new tricks Geoff. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

A darn nuisance you may be, but we're still waiting on the results... 😉

You youngsters make me laugh. The only reason that you can't teach an old dog new tricks is because all the "new tricks" are only rehashed versions of the old tricks. I could of course tell you exactly when my boat will be finished, but that would only spoil your fun. Geoff.☺️

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Shall we let Mike have his intro back now. 
Sorry Mike, it happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dead right Neil - now let me see where this started to go wrong - oh it was when someone? mentioned Geoff!!! Geoff.