The smallest boat on here?

Pecheur Anglais

Thanks for sharing! As Luke said on your Intro thread, there's no boat snobbery here - and actually I'm rather envious that you can be on the water in 5 mins! It takes me at least 90 mins from door to wheelhouse.

I can see the advantages in a boat like yours, not only in terms of cost of ownership but let's face it, often the best sessions are those that happen on the spur of the moment, snatching a quick 30 mins whilst the gulls are working close to shore. With that level of flexibility I bet you're able to get more fish on deck than most of the bigger boats 👍

Nice set up! 

It wouldn’t suit my fishing (offshore for sharks etc) but sneaking up on bass close to the rocks and points in Milford Haven of that would be my weapon of choice! Especially as I’ve seen some lovely fish come off Pembrokeshire bays from people with similar set ups 🙂 

29 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Thanks for sharing! As Luke said on your Intro thread, there's no boat snobbery here - and actually I'm rather envious that you can be on the water in 5 mins! It takes me at least 90 mins from door to wheelhouse.

I can see the advantages in a boat like yours, not only in terms of cost of ownership but let's face it, often the best sessions are those that happen on the spur of the moment, snatching a quick 30 mins whilst the gulls are working close to shore. With that level of flexibility I bet you're able to get more fish on deck than most of the bigger boats 👍

Imagine driving 90 minutes and burning 200 litres of petrol only to catch a dogfish! 

13 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Lovely little boat. Glad to see your wearing your life jacket and kill cord! 👍🏻

Observant on the kill cord 😉 I carry a hand held vhs too. Love the sea, but old enough to know she doesn't take prisoners when sh#t happens.

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

Imagine driving 90 minutes and burning 200 litres of petrol only to catch a dogfish! 

Yup, used to fly to the south of France, burn a load of diesel and catch bugger all most of the time. Was still very enjoyable though, out on the water fishing in the sun 😁

4 minutes ago, Pecheur Anglais said:

Yup, used to fly to the south of France, burn a load of diesel and catch bugger all most of the time. Was still very enjoyable though, out on the water fishing in the sun 😁

Yep, it’s not all about the catching.

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yep, it’s not all about the catching.

Just as well in my case 🤣 

SWMBO spotted an invoice for a couple of bass lures. She challenged the value "even on the rare occasion you catch a bass, you put it back. And, you could take me to a nice fish restaurant for less than the cost of those plastic toy fish you keep buying"

Luckily she's not interested enough to know what boats cost 🤣

4 minutes ago, Pecheur Anglais said:

Just as well in my case 🤣 

SWMBO spotted an invoice for a couple of bass lures. She challenged the value "even on the rare occasion you catch a bass, you put it back. And, you could take me to a nice fish restaurant for less than the cost of those plastic toy fish you keep buying"

Luckily she's not interested enough to know what boats cost 🤣

Yeah best keep her away from that one eh!!

This is a good one, 

752CFF89-1474-4373-9F9D-224B4B9D0F2C.jpeg.21f0f715e4937fc1a90404ea78bab608.jpeg

I was on a trip 3400km north fishing a few years ago when my son saw a boat about 8m up in a tree which had been stuck there from floods for a few years. We asked the owner of the property why he had a boat so high up in a tree and he said it had been to hard to get out but served a good reminder of how high the floods can be. He said to my son he could have it if he could get it down but at the time we had our boat so couldn't bring it back even if he could get it down. 

A few years later I flew up on a trip with my son again and by chance met a guy who asked me to drive a ute back. As soon as I was asked my son asked if we could see if the boat was still up the tree and sure enough it was!!! It took him the best part of the day to get it down, it was the right way up in the tree so had filled with decomposed leaf litter and biting ants!!!!

Now it lives in front of the lake on the bank at our place. From the top end of Oz to the bottom, our smallest boat but longest trip to get it!!!

_JDP9021.jpg.b91fef5924bc93013b4837fff0d31f1c.jpg

Edited by JDP