Props

This little joy yesterday….

looks like a stress fracture on the prop blade…. 

Plan is to order 2 new props and get the old 2 refurbished so that can keep as spares… 

BOAT = Bring Out Another Thousand…. 🫣

C6045109-4F43-4A05-8F1B-48468FE4204B.jpeg

7 hours ago, daio web said:

i really feel for you luke there is a good prop refurb shop in caernarfon called castle marine   i have used them before thanks for yesterday bud   the silent asasin  will be back 

They are both stripped off boat and in a box waiting to ship to Carwyn to work his magic 🙂 

4 hours ago, mike farrants said:

ouch not good - at least you got home ok -

was anyone wearing green on the day Luke? or eating bananas?

Not that I’m aware of… but you never know what colour pants the crew had on. 

Shout out to West Wales Marine. I sent them the photos, agreed it was due to a stress fracture and that it cns happen with stainless steel props…. They’ve got a spare prop in stock and another on order asap. Can’t be helpful enough to get me back on the water… 

Its hard enough trying to run a boat buisness, but when stuff goes wrong you appreciate a good supplier to get you back up and running and they have been great 🙂 Definitely recommend! 

1 hour ago, daio web said:

thats good news mate glad for you  got it sorted we will have to book up another trip mate i am shaw that they think they beat us 

Id say it was close, but yeah we just tipped it! Your partner @jonnyswamp let you down near the end. He started strong but tailed off. 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Id say it was close, but yeah we just tipped it! Your partner @jonnyswamp let you down near the end. He started strong but tailed off. 

I think my deliberate tangling tactics on starboard helped the English beat the foreigners🤣

11 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I got fed up of putting them back and lost count after 20 odd, and not to mention my species count of course 😁

18 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Oh yes, I forgot about the evolving rules 

I'm obviously not as equal as you 3 🙈

You gave it yore best shot though. Shame your 3rd team mate called it early!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well I picked up a lovely pair of props yesterday, all shiny, new, no cracks and both have 3 blades so a big improvement 😂😂😂

Only issue is that the thrust washer is different on the new ones… and the old model one don’t fit… so I’m back waiting for parts again 🫣🫣🫣

In other news I tracked down a new gas bottle as apparently there is a shortage of CampingGaz ones… none in Pembrokeshire 😮😮 so at least I can keep the frying pan going now 🙂 

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

Well I picked up a lovely pair of props yesterday, all shiny, new, no cracks and both have 3 blades so a big improvement 😂😂😂

Only issue is that the thrust washer is different on the new ones… and the old model one don’t fit… so I’m back waiting for parts again 🫣🫣🫣

In other news I tracked down a new gas bottle as apparently there is a shortage of CampingGaz ones… none in Pembrokeshire 😮😮 so at least I can keep the frying pan going now 🙂 

Good on getting new ones, did you get any sympathy £ being as it’s a possible casting fault? 

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

Good on getting new ones, did you get any sympathy £ being as it’s a possible casting fault? 

I got a nice discount from the supplier, fair dos they have been great… but I think they’ll be glad to not see for a few days as I think I’m on their speed dial 😂

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I got a nice discount from the supplier, fair dos they have been great… but I think they’ll be glad to not see for a few days as I think I’m on their speed dial 😂

One of your better jokes Luke although it's not funny, but then neither are most of your others! Geoff. 😉

PROPer job 🙂 back on the water…. Wish this rain would bugger off… whole of the haven is starting to look like Cardiff coloured water there is so much run off 🫣

815E09A8-9CA5-424F-8BFF-8A6DC997A093.jpeg