Strut or arch

5 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

A nice solution would be  a scanstrut composite PT2002 or PT2004 with a SC118 gantry mount for the echomax, Nav Light, and VHF antenna.

That is still a bloody expensive way to mount a reflector that he probably doesn’t need. 
Fisty- use the strut you blagged off that poor unsuspecting person and bolt it to your roof. Fuck the reflector off. 

4 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

A nice solution would be  a scanstrut composite PT2002 or PT2004 with a SC118 gantry mount for the echomax, Nav Light, and VHF antenna.

I was thinking a https://www.scanstrut.com/marine/power-boat/mount/aluminium-powertower/apt-150-01

with a T bar 

Just now, GPSguru said:

Hmm....bad move

More struts here at reasonable prices...........

https://www.thewetworks.co.uk/search?type=product&q=+Dual+PowerTower+Mount

That’s near me that place. I’ve never been in there always used marine store as it’s easier but they have shut the branch 

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Not really Jon, I can understand it, as the lines of the Starfisher are quite sharp, and it does need to be authentically correct...............

Don’t stick up for him. He is just awkward. 

29 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Hmm....bad move

More struts here at reasonable prices...........

https://www.thewetworks.co.uk/search?type=product&q=+Dual+PowerTower+Mount

I’m not ditching a reflector altogether, just the echomax compact. I’m either going to go for a pole mounted one that I can raise as and when I need it, or go for a powered active reflector. 

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Steve, where did you get yours fabricated? I'm in the market for a set of bow rails and possibly an arch.

Andy the gantry mount was a scanstrut product which has now been continued it seems,although I do have a drawing with dimensions which if Neil was going down the route of getting one made it may have helped,the extra mast assembly with the See-Me on I made myself in the workshop and a mate got it polished, so I'm sorry I can't provide any info on fabricators for stainless.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:48 PM, Saintly Fish said:

I’m not ditching a reflector altogether, just the echomax compact. I’m either going to go for a pole mounted one that I can raise as and when I need it, or go for a powered active reflector. 

Gimme a nudge if you wanna sell it