2020 Best Catches/Boat Times

Odyssey

Ok guys it’s too bloody quiet in here. 

I’m bored in work and need some stuff to read/pass the time away. 

What’s your best catches/boat/shore times of 2020? Get posting 🙂 

Most of my fishing this year has been about getting the youngsters on the fish (that includes @Andy135). 
I have blanked on most trips (not). 
Seeing my Leo bring in his first undulate ray all on his little own was the highlight. Also getting the wife out fishing straight after lockdown ended and her reeling in her first ever fish. 
All in all it’s been a cracking year!

590B9F00-1CBE-4465-AA2F-1B4CA77221D3.jpeg.3cc9500158b392b797c14f0eff2dc2a9.jpeg

89A3DC3F-71A3-408D-892A-180822C018D7.thumb.jpeg.f91569cb6591df0e133b94f7e3e7d611.jpeg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

My favourite trip this year was on the Overfalls, been trying to get out there for ages.  Weather and tides always transpired against us but this summer we finally got to a mark I'd been scouting. 

Targets were Blonde rays and pack Tope, it didn't disappoint. 

I lost count of the Tope in the 15-20lb range we caught but the day was finished off for me when something a bit different picked up the bait,  after a bit of a tussle in the tide a lovely 25lb Blonde Ray was netted and both targets accomplished,  weather had its say though and after a few more dropped runs it was time to head in as the wind had started to pick up and put an ominous chop on the sea. 

Edited by Scotch_Egg2012
Adding pics

Just now, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

My favourite trip this year was on the Overfalls, been trying to get out there for ages.  Weather and tides always transpired against us but this summer we finally got to a mark I'd been scouting. 

I lost count of the Tope in the 15-20lb range we caught but the day was finished off for me when something a bit different picked up the bait,  after a bit of a tussle in the tide a lovely 25lb Blonde Ray was netted and both targets accomplished,  weather had its say though and after a few more dropped runs it was time to head in as the wind had started to pick up and put an ominous chop on the sea. 

Sounds like fun Scott 👍

I've yet to get out there, so if you fancy a buddy boat next time you go, give me a shout.

2 hours ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Yep, we had much the same, wind was against us whenever the tides were right......

As the year draws to a close, I will share with you all that in the late summer I caught a big fish, it was a feck’in monster of a fish, and probably I will never catch one of that size again in my lifetime.......... I don't normally talk about any of the big mackerel catches and we never ever share pictures or video footage ......😉

Roll on 2021 ....... 👍

Edited by GPSguru

24 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

As the year draws to a close, I will share with you all that in the late summer I caught a big fish, it was a feck’in monster of a fish, and probably I will never catch one of that size in my lifetime.......... I don't normally talk about any of the big mackerel catches and we never ever share pictures or video footage ......😉

Roll on 2021 ....... 👍

It’s stories like this that keeps me going to get one on my line 😁😁🤗😍😍

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

It’s stories like this that keeps me going to get one on my line 😁😁🤗😍😍

Well Luke ................... a CFL (Curved Fork Length) of a little over 109" is the number to beat .............. you can work out the weight 👍

I was going to go out today, but I have a minor cold and I need to be on top form for my hospital eye surgery assessment  in a week or so time................. however, I had 2 phone calls from boats that were out, (one was a charter) telling me that the Tuna were smashing the Whiting at 3 miles out  ............. the charter offered to come in and pick me up, but I unfortunately had to decline as I need my eyes fixed el pronto ...............

Edited by GPSguru

9 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Well Luke ................... a CFL (Curved Fork Length) of a little over 109" is the number to beat .............. you can work out the weight 👍

I was going to go out today, but I have a minor cold and I need to be on top form for my hospital eye surgery assessment  in a week or so time................. however, I had 2 phone calls from boats that were out, (one was a charter) telling me that the Tuna were smashing the Whiting at 3 miles out  ............. the charter offered to come in and pick me up, but I unfortunately had to decline as I need my eyes fixed el pronto ...............

One word..... Wow! 😍

I salute you sir 😀