Barracuda IV

Cuda4

Cracking boat! 

Currently ranked joint 2nd with an offshore 25 😁

Obviously a bit biased putting mine first 😉 

Where are you based? Look forward to a few reports when we are ever released! 

Many thanks for the comments and good to be onboard the forum, just getting the boat readyfor itsannual service and anti fouled ready to get out and catch some plaice from next month fingers crossed lol

Steve

Plaice! Now there's a species that seems to be getting thin on the ground round our way. The Blocks have never fished well for me, neither has Medmery. Tried Middle Grounds once and blanked, so haven't gone back. Maybe it's me but since the mussel beds have disappeared so it seems have the plaice.

On the other hand, it could just be that I'm crap at fishing... 🤣

12 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Plaice! Now there's a species that seems to be getting thin on the ground round our way. The Blocks have never fished well for me, neither has Medmery. Tried Middle Grounds once and blanked, so haven't gone back. Maybe it's me but since the mussel beds have disappeared so it seems have the plaice.

On the other hand, it could just be that I'm crap at fishing... 🤣

Shouldn't think your crap at fishing but I'm afraid the days of catching loads of plaice in one session has gone, although there is still the chance of getting a good fish at the marks you have said but it's just hard work😂

2 minutes ago, Cuda4 said:

Shouldn't think your crap at fishing but I'm afraid the days of catching loads of plaice in one session has gone, although there is still the chance of getting a good fish at the marks you have said but it's just hard work😂

Yes, I reckon you're right. Makes me think that it's also down to us as anglers to go and seek out that little patch of fresh ground that isn't known or fished by the masses. Got to be some plaice around still - just need to put in the legwork to find them.

17 minutes ago, Cuda4 said:

Oh I see, somebody's favourite past time is catching the wonderfull dogfish.

Yep - never a more welcome fish than a doggie on a blank day. 🐶🎣👍

But in all seriousness, I do think they have an unfair rep. Sure, they're not the greatest fighter, but they're my kids' favourite, and I have a soft spot for them too. They're little sharks, with rough skin (no slime) and eyelids that close (cute). One of the most charismatic fish, especially when they wrap themselves round your wrist and puke all over your trousers... 🤣

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

But in all seriousness, I do think they have an unfair rep. Sure, they're not the greatest fighter, but they're my kids' favourite, and I have a soft spot for them too. They're little sharks, with rough skin (no slime) and eyelids that close (cute). One of the most charismatic fish, especially when they wrap themselves round your wrist and puke all over your trousers... 🤣

I can see you love them so much, and I hope you keep catching them, they are almost as bad as strap congers when you are trying for the non exsistant cod🤣

5 hours ago, Andy135 said:

My kids also love em, the mini shark.....