First trip out

Hooked1980

First trip out I'll be calibrating the Point 1 electronic compass I installed just before lockdown, and hopefully then chase some plaice. Assuming early April before I'm out so they should be around. Frankly though I'll just be grateful to be back out on the boat. 👍

I'm hoping to catch a few stragglers from this seasons cod run in the Bristol Channel (it was shaping up to be a half decent one)

Hoping for an easing in the next few weeks

If not, I'm breaking in the Senedd building in Cardiff bay and shitting on Dripturds office desk

51 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm hoping to catch a few stragglers from this seasons cod run in the Bristol Channel (it was shaping up to be a half decent one)

Hoping for an easing in the next few weeks

If not, I'm breaking in the Senedd building in Cardiff bay and shitting on Dripturds office desk

Drop me line when you’re planning on going in. I’ll have a curry the night before and drop one on Vague Guessings desk too

There are some good days coming up next week, but I am reluctant to go out as my eye surgery is at thee end of next week and I don't want to put that in any doubt.

I looked today (as I do most days), and the sea is clearing nicely here now.

I stopped by the slip a couple of days ago and spoke to a couple of guys that had just come in with a Nord Fisher, and they said the fishing was very hard going with only a bucket of Mack to show for their efforts ...............

@Andy135 I’m hoping we will be able to start chasing the plaice and turbot with a good chance of bass on the banks, And a quick gander on some wrecks.

But hey it will just be nice to be afloat again and give boat a run 

8 minutes ago, Hooked1980 said:

@Andy135 I’m hoping we will be able to start chasing the plaice and turbot with a good chance of bass on the banks, And a quick gander on some wrecks.

But hey it will just be nice to be afloat again and give boat a run 

Agree with that. I’m hoping next weekend will be the day. 

Well I'm not sure if I should have posted in the catch reports but here goes,fished the blocks at Southsea on Saturday as it was the first trip out since the boat was anti-fouled,polished and service on the leg and engine,beautifull day out but alas only I dogger ( which I believe someone would have been happy to catch) and 2 small pin whiting, counted another 14 boats fishing in the same area but didn't see any net action going on. A friend of mine fished Hayling bay with again approx 15 boats in the same area,he did have one plaice at the end of the day which I'm told weighed at just over the pound, tried ragworm and fresh lug for bait.

Steve

Well done Steve! I knew I could count on you for a doggie 🐶👍🤣

Sounds like it was a great day to be out. Not jealous at all, really.... 😭

I had heard that there were a few boats out on the weekend - got sent pictures of one who had a 2lb 15oz plaice from the blocks, which is a pretty good fish in anyone's book.

Thinking of running out to the wrecks as the commercials haven’t been hitting them due to not being able to sell their catches!  If it’s pants it will be my pinnacle marks for the pollack with an extra rod out for a beagle. 

29 minutes ago, DINOBOY said:

Thinking of running out to the wrecks as the commercials haven’t been hitting them due to not being able to sell their catches!  If it’s pants it will be my pinnacle marks for the pollack with an extra rod out for a beagle. 

Sounds like fun Dino. Not jealous at all.... much.... 😭😭😭🤣