Jump to content

Anyone out this weekend?


Andy135
 Share

Recommended Posts

Weather looks a bit iffy for us on the south coast so I'll probably give it a miss unless I get the trim tab actuator fixed and can take it out for a shakedown trip round the harbour.

What about you lot? @mike farrants, will you be extending your mega-blank this weekend? @Plaicehunter, are you out on the lures? @jonnyswamp, chasing mudpigs in brown soup?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Weather looks a bit iffy for us on the south coast so I'll probably give it a miss unless I get the trim tab actuator fixed and can take it out for a shakedown trip round the harbour.

What about you lot? @mike farrants, will you be extending your mega-blank this weekend? @Plaicehunter, are you out on the lures? @jonnyswamp, chasing mudpigs in brown soup?

I would have been out yesterday and today, but not been feeling too good so gave it a miss, hopefully if the weather holds, then I will be out next Tuesday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too windy here.....

Tursday however looks like a good chance to see if any life on the reefs and if I can see Wally the Walrus 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I thought you were welsh Luke , not Irish?

All this excitement of maybe going fishing I can’t spell 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@Geoff, do you have a spare seat next to Neil and Ian for Luke? 

No Andy, I'm giving up on Neil now due to his disrespectful attitude to one of the few people who dared to speak his mind, and the other two just make occasional (far too frequent) slip ups. Geoff. ☺️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Weather looks a bit iffy for us on the south coast so I'll probably give it a miss unless I get the trim tab actuator fixed and can take it out for a shakedown trip round the harbour.

What about you lot? @mike farrants, will you be extending your mega-blank this weekend? @Plaicehunter, are you out on the lures? @jonnyswamp, chasing mudpigs in brown soup?

My pal AW has a boat at Salcombe and is thinking about a plaice trip, probably on Tuesday. I may get out luring solo on Sunday, though the water temperature here in Plymouth has dropped again, from 10.1C a little while ago to 9.7 a couple of days ago to 9.2C today. Not surprising with low air temperatures and cold rough winds. I reckon 10C is about the minimum for successful bass luring, but I may give it a go anyway as I start getting twitchy after a few days of no fishing! PH

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

No Andy, I'm giving up on Neil now due to his disrespectful attitude to one of the few people who dared to speak his mind, and the other two just make occasional (far too frequent) slip ups. Geoff. ☺️

I knew I’d beat you into submission eventually. I’m just surprised it was so easy! 😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I knew I’d beat you into submission eventually. I’m just surprised it was so easy! 😇

Weak opposition is just not worth bothering with. Geoff.:classic_wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’m out now, a sneaky Friday dangle with my dad. 
F5C64B51-4D1B-4DAC-90E6-642BAB613A78.jpeg.6c3bb04df64dbea98242fd5d593f5502.jpeg

You cant post this with no catch report. We need to know that your dad  showed you how it is done and that you blanked 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 10:43 AM, Andy135 said:

Weather looks a bit iffy for us on the south coast so I'll probably give it a miss unless I get the trim tab actuator fixed and can take it out for a shakedown trip round the harbour.

What about you lot? @mike farrants, will you be extending your mega-blank this weekend? @Plaicehunter, are you out on the lures? @jonnyswamp, chasing mudpigs in brown soup?

No fishing for me this weekend, dodgy forecast

The trim tab switch came yesterday, so went to the boat this morning and cut a bigger hole in the dash panel, but didn't have any decent connectors

It came with female deutsh plugs on the flying lead, but no male ones

I'll probly shorten the cables a bit and fit new plugs

Supposed to be wrecking next Saturday out of Paington, but unless the forecast changes it will be off

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep Madness is out with an old new crew member as number 1 son Dean is not available.  Jim and I will be trying for the plaice along Bournemouth-Southbourne beaches and may if the weather is ok try further out for Bream.  A few bream have been reported but not in any numbers yet, here's hoping

 

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Yep Madness is out with an old new crew member as number 1 son Dean is not available.  Jim and I will be trying for the plaice along Bournemouth-Southbourne beaches and may if the weather is ok try further out for Bream.  A few bream have been reported but not in any numbers yet, here's hoping

 

Keep us posted 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Yep Madness is out with an old new crew member as number 1 son Dean is not available.  Jim and I will be trying for the plaice along Bournemouth-Southbourne beaches and may if the weather is ok try further out for Bream.  A few bream have been reported but not in any numbers yet, here's hoping

 

Good luck. I hope you have cake! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 8:22 PM, Plaicehunter said:

My pal AW has a boat at Salcombe and is thinking about a plaice trip, probably on Tuesday. I may get out luring solo on Sunday, though the water temperature here in Plymouth has dropped again, from 10.1C a little while ago to 9.7 a couple of days ago to 9.2C today. Not surprising with low air temperatures and cold rough winds. I reckon 10C is about the minimum for successful bass luring, but I may give it a go anyway as I start getting twitchy after a few days of no fishing! PH

Update: I did the bass luring bit today - see report. Tomorrow it's dirty bait (crab and rag) in search of a gilt, despite very cold water. Then plaice on Tuesday...PH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2021 at 7:37 PM, Maverick said:

Yep Madness is out with an old new crew member as number 1 son Dean is not available.  Jim and I will be trying for the plaice along Bournemouth-Southbourne beaches and may if the weather is ok try further out for Bream.  A few bream have been reported but not in any numbers yet, here's hoping

 

How did your outing go @Maverick?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...