Anyone out this weekend?

Andy135

Weather looks a bit iffy for us on the south coast so I'll probably give it a miss unless I get the trim tab actuator fixed and can take it out for a shakedown trip round the harbour.

What about you lot? @mike farrants, will you be extending your mega-blank this weekend? @Plaicehunter, are you out on the lures? @jonnyswamp, chasing mudpigs in brown soup?

14 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Weather looks a bit iffy for us on the south coast so I'll probably give it a miss unless I get the trim tab actuator fixed and can take it out for a shakedown trip round the harbour.

What about you lot? @mike farrants, will you be extending your mega-blank this weekend? @Plaicehunter, are you out on the lures? @jonnyswamp, chasing mudpigs in brown soup?

I would have been out yesterday and today, but not been feeling too good so gave it a miss, hopefully if the weather holds, then I will be out next Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@Geoff, do you have a spare seat next to Neil and Ian for Luke? 

No Andy, I'm giving up on Neil now due to his disrespectful attitude to one of the few people who dared to speak his mind, and the other two just make occasional (far too frequent) slip ups. Geoff. ☺️

9 hours ago, Andy135 said:

My pal AW has a boat at Salcombe and is thinking about a plaice trip, probably on Tuesday. I may get out luring solo on Sunday, though the water temperature here in Plymouth has dropped again, from 10.1C a little while ago to 9.7 a couple of days ago to 9.2C today. Not surprising with low air temperatures and cold rough winds. I reckon 10C is about the minimum for successful bass luring, but I may give it a go anyway as I start getting twitchy after a few days of no fishing! PH

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

No Andy, I'm giving up on Neil now due to his disrespectful attitude to one of the few people who dared to speak his mind, and the other two just make occasional (far too frequent) slip ups. Geoff. ☺️

I knew I’d beat you into submission eventually. I’m just surprised it was so easy! 😇

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I knew I’d beat you into submission eventually. I’m just surprised it was so easy! 😇

Weak opposition is just not worth bothering with. Geoff.:classic_wink:

On 4/9/2021 at 10:43 AM, Andy135 said:

No fishing for me this weekend, dodgy forecast

The trim tab switch came yesterday, so went to the boat this morning and cut a bigger hole in the dash panel, but didn't have any decent connectors

It came with female deutsh plugs on the flying lead, but no male ones

I'll probly shorten the cables a bit and fit new plugs

Supposed to be wrecking next Saturday out of Paington, but unless the forecast changes it will be off

Yep Madness is out with an old new crew member as number 1 son Dean is not available.  Jim and I will be trying for the plaice along Bournemouth-Southbourne beaches and may if the weather is ok try further out for Bream.  A few bream have been reported but not in any numbers yet, here's hoping

Edited by Maverick

5 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Yep Madness is out with an old new crew member as number 1 son Dean is not available.  Jim and I will be trying for the plaice along Bournemouth-Southbourne beaches and may if the weather is ok try further out for Bream.  A few bream have been reported but not in any numbers yet, here's hoping

Keep us posted 👍

12 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Good luck. I hope you have cake! 

On 4/9/2021 at 8:22 PM, Plaicehunter said:

My pal AW has a boat at Salcombe and is thinking about a plaice trip, probably on Tuesday. I may get out luring solo on Sunday, though the water temperature here in Plymouth has dropped again, from 10.1C a little while ago to 9.7 a couple of days ago to 9.2C today. Not surprising with low air temperatures and cold rough winds. I reckon 10C is about the minimum for successful bass luring, but I may give it a go anyway as I start getting twitchy after a few days of no fishing! PH

Update: I did the bass luring bit today - see report. Tomorrow it's dirty bait (crab and rag) in search of a gilt, despite very cold water. Then plaice on Tuesday...PH

On 4/10/2021 at 7:37 PM, Maverick said:

How did your outing go @Maverick?