The beginning of the end for recreational sea angling?

Andy135

so are we all going vigan. stop wearing leather.

i dont think so some how.

i rember some thing on the net some time ago , that plants can feal too, aprently recorded a rose screaming when it was cut

i thought it was a bit far feached at the time.

38 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

so are we all going vigan. stop wearing leather.

i dont think so some how.

i rember some thing on the net some time ago , that plants can feal too, aprently recorded a rose screaming when it was cut

i thought it was a bit far feached at the time.

Oh that’s wonderful. You can remember a fact about a plants feelings but you can’t remember my name!! 

I got feelings too you know! 🤯

On 5/9/2021 at 9:29 AM, Andy135 said:

R3uvNLy.jpg

https://www.worldanimalprotection.org.uk/news/success-animal-sentience-recognised-in-uk-law

How long before legislation such as this is directed at C&R / sport fishing...? Or even a ban on live baiting?

That’s you stuffed.....I mean Dogfish....fisherman’s bast friend

20 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Oh that’s wonderful. You can remember a fact about a plants feelings but you can’t remember my name!! 

I got feelings too you know! 🤯

i am so sorry , please forgive me.

john eer i mean neal or s/f

On 5/9/2021 at 9:29 AM, Andy135 said:

R3uvNLy.jpg

https://www.worldanimalprotection.org.uk/news/success-animal-sentience-recognised-in-uk-law

How long before legislation such as this is directed at C&R / sport fishing...? Or even a ban on live baiting?

Is this not do do with the Lisbon treaty that we pulled out of when we binned Brussels ? 

Right now I really don't think it will effect fishing.

useless Eustice is a proper twat, but a dangerous one. Remember when he was fisheries minister, if the commercial said jump, he answered with ‘how high’

Edited by GPSguru

Yes. This legislation is directed towards ensuring animal sentience and welfare is respected in any and all future legislation, replacing in UK law the Lisbon treaty, but the fact that it's on the radar of lobbyists and legislators means that any future lobbying activity on, say fishing, hunting and shooting, could attempt to invoke this legislation to give a veneer of legitimacy to their calls for a ban on the same.

The below is taken from the article in the link I posted in the OP.

Leaving the EU without recognising sentience would make animals vulnerable to the government creating new laws, policies or trade deals that do not take animals’ welfare needs into account.

50 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Yes. This legislation is directed towards ensuring animal sentience and welfare is respected in any and all future legislation, replacing in UK law the Lisbon treaty, but the fact that it's on the radar of lobbyists and legislators means that any future lobbying activity on, say fishing, hunting and shooting, could attempt to invoke this legislation to give a veneer of legitimacy to their calls for a ban on the same.

The below is taken from the article in the link I posted in the OP.

Leaving the EU without recognising sentience would make animals vulnerable to the government creating new laws, policies or trade deals that do not take animals’ welfare needs into account.

To stop recreational fishing then commercial fishing would also have to cease, and that is never going to happen. 

However, I can see your point that the extreme bunny huggers like Packham et al will try and manipulate this sort of legislation to suit their own agenda, but generally I think any attempt in that arena will be largely unsuccessful.  

14 hours ago, suzook12 said:

That would be fully hypocritcal in a country that still allows the sale of halal meat!!

It is much worse than that as I understand that some schools have chosen the halal meat only route. Geoff.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

It is much worse than that as I understand that some schools have chosen the halal meat only route. Geoff.

Slowly but surely we are being turned into a backward nation under the guise of pc correctness. Maybe we ought to make angling a religion now so when it does all kick off we can obseve the same protections as other religions seem to receive....

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

Slowly but surely we are being turned into a backward nation under the guise of pc correctness. Maybe we ought to make angling a religion now so when it does all kick off we can obseve the same protections as other religions seem to receive....

Angling a religion you say? I already worship the Dogfish. We could call ourselves Doggers.... oh, wait.... 

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Angling a religion you say? I already worship the Dogfish. We could call ourselves Doggers.... oh, wait.... 

If you look at crap sorry, carp fisherman they do give their quarry a god-like status.....

Im not sure the humble Dogfish will get such a following but you never know 🤣

Just now, Odyssey said:

If you look at crap sorry, carp fisherman they do give their quarry a god-like status.....

Im not sure the humble Dogfish will get such a following but you never know 🤣

Well, I've given every single one of my dogfish a name... does that count?? 🤣

7 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I only give them 2 names .......... Kin A'hole and lobbit

They get on from me.....

kin animated turd! 

59 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

They say you can tell a lot about a man by how he treats his dogs...... Frankly, I find some of you guys are disturbed!! Very disturbed!!!

🤣

Don't tar me with the same brush as the rest Zook! Dogfish get nothing but love from me.

57 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

They say you can tell a lot about a man by how he treats his dogs...... Frankly, I find some of you guys are disturbed!! Very disturbed!!!

🤣

Wonder how the fluffy huggers feel about humans breeding pets for our own pleasure. Things like selective breeding to produce the likes of the British bulldog. Could it also mean the end to pets, after all there are so many reasons to ban them, not to mention the environmental cost in producing pet food.

47 minutes ago, JDP said:

Wonder how the fluffy huggers feel about humans breeding pets for our own pleasure. Things like selective breeding to produce the likes of the British bulldog. Could it also mean the end to pets, after all there are so many reasons to ban them, not to mention the environmental cost in producing pet food.

There was a guy on the morning news last week who was saying just that Jon. That we should all give up our pets because they are bad for the environment.