Hello from Chippenham

crisdafish

Hello from Chippenham,

I live in Wiltshire but the boat's in Scotland at the Isle of Whithorn.

I bought a Reiver Sportsman new in 1992 which I've just replaced with an Orkney PilotHouse 20.

Boat fishing is summer only for me, I love my shore fishing for codling in the winter.

I'll look forward to a great forum

Chris

Welcome to Offshore Outlaws! Good to have you with us. Your username seems familiar - guessing you were on the dark side previously too? 😉

Orkney boats are well thought of. Good choice. Post up some pics in the "Show us yer boat" thread so we can all admire her 👍

Edit: Swampy beat me to it 😄 We do love a good boat pic!

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Where’s my boat pictures? 
welcome to the site. 
Thats a fair old trek you have, I’m forever leaving the battery isolation switch on, wouldn’t fancy nipping back for that to Scotland. 

Boat pic uploaded, yes, it is a fair trek but I've been doing that for nearly 30 years now, I've retired now so I'm able to pick and choose travelling times to suit 

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Surely you must almost be there by now then ?

Ok, I think we need a facepalm option under the "Like" menu as that's the second time today I've caught you making a "Dad" joke, and it's even worse than the first! 1/10 at best - go stand in the corner and think about what you've done... 🤦‍♂️

Hi, and welcome to the site. This forum is fairly new and is getting better with the recent influx of new members. Most of the other  members who saw the light are (as opposed to the dark side) and became outlaws are a bit nutty, but there are a few of us normal types here as well. Geoff.☺️

18 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I used to live in Chippenham 🙂 nice place. 

Not too far from Cardiff if you ever fancy a trip 🙂 

Thanks, I may take you up on that sometime. I haven't fished from a boat out of Wales for a while, before I had my own boat I used to use the charter boats out of Swansea.

I see quite a few Welsh boats over the English side of the Bristol Channel when I'm shore fishing in the winter

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

@crisdafish have you wetted a shore line lately ? Got any catch reports to share?

Sadly not, I had a few codling back in early November but lots of blanks lately, a few blanks were saved by strap eels or thornbacks.

The Bristol Channel isn't on form this year, by this time last year my freezer was half full.

I'm sort of grounded at the moment, I live in a Tier 2 area and the area that I fish (Severn Bridge to Weston Super Mare) is in Tier 3.

I did think about going over to the Welsh side but I don't think they are faring any better.

Thanks for the reminder, If i do get anything worth reporting I'll post

Chris

13 minutes ago, crisdafish said:

Sadly not, I had a few codling back in early November but lots of blanks lately, a few blanks were saved by strap eels or thornbacks.

The Bristol Channel isn't on form this year, by this time last year my freezer was half full.

I'm sort of grounded at the moment, I live in a Tier 2 area and the area that I fish (Severn Bridge to Weston Super Mare) is in Tier 3.

I did think about going over to the Welsh side but I don't think they are faring any better.

Thanks for the reminder, If i do get anything worth reporting I'll post

Chris

Thanks Chris. All sessions are worth reporting. Even if nothing is caught. 👍🏻

11 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Thanks Chris. All sessions are worth reporting. Even if nothing is caught. 👍🏻

There speaks an expert!!! Neil is always happy to blank as it keeps his interior furnishings nice and fresh.  Geoff.