Find me a better boat.

12 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I don't think a jump from a Raider to a Pirate is big enough to make much difference

Dunno, but a 21ft Pirate centre consol is a really nice boat, deep Vee, and excellent sea keeping ability. It would need at least a 225, probably a 250..........

45 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Guy in our club has a pirate 21 with a cabin and a 115 honda on the back, cruises at 20 knots with no fuss.

😲

Most 21's have 225's, it takes a lot of power to push a deep Vee onto the plane and keep it there, but I can understand that it would work with a 115, however, the engine will be working very hard and the hole shot is probably very slow.

• 1 month later...

I know of a 10m Cougar cat up for sale….. it’s with a mate. He’s already tried to convince me to start a charter business on the sharks…. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Would be a nice boat for @headlight😄😄

• 2 weeks later...

So anyway I am looking for a new fishing boat (not a cruiser you can do a bit of fishing from.

Ideally fast planing hull, 22-25ft pilothouse style (open backed wheelhouse if there is a drop down cover to enclose it considered), 20-22kts cruise, mid 30's kts at WOT, big outboard (150hp minimum on a 22 footer), budget up to £40k.

If anybody knows of anything or sees anything suitable please let me know.

Edited by headlight