G-day fellow Poms

JDP

Formally from the IOW where I owned around 20 boats over the years before leaving. First was when I was 12, bought from bait digging money and selling rabbits!!! Targeted most species on offer but mostly enjoyed sharking, back in a day when sharks were in very good numbers back there. Im still in contact with my old sharking buddies, some who came over here not to long ago chasing sharks. These days sharks are avoided as much as possible now that Im living in the land of oz.

Anyway finally got fed up of the cold wet weather and laying bricks and moved to the upside down land where fishing can be very different. In saying that Im just as happy cruising around in boats as I am wetting a line, being on, in or just around the water ticks my box.

No probs if being from the other side of the pond isn't accepted on here, just means I will have to stay in contact with JonC by postcard instead!!!

Jon the Pom

Welcome to the site Jon, you have the honour of being our first international member. Get some posts up about your new boat, but go easy on the fish pictures because it just makes me jealous especially when I’m stuck with catching whiting. 

Hi Jon,

Nice of you to pop over and say hi 🙂 

If you dns hold off the fish pics for 2 weeks that’d be great, I’m in lockdown in wales so no travel, boating, fishing, gym or anything.... 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

37 minutes ago, JonC said:

Welcome to the site Jon, you have the honour of being our first international member. Get some posts up about your new boat, but go easy on the fish pictures because it just makes me jealous especially when I’m stuck with catching whiting. 

You can’t even catch them Jon!

Just heading into the hot weather here as it cools down for you. Must admit Ive stayed away from the recent runs of big tuna as my daughter had beaten me to them and we certainly didn't want anymore tuna in the freezer!!!!

Those who know me from the other site will know I regularly fish with my daughter who is a fishing nutter. Well things have changed a little and we now rarely get chance to fish together anymore since she started driving charter boats (three trips for her today). Her days off are when the weather is to bad to take charters out!!! At least my trips offshore are more relaxing and with far less gear onboard now. I must admit I enjoy the solo trips, gives me far more time to slowly cruise around scanning new marks.

9 minutes ago, headlight said:

Welcome JonD  👍

I haven"t been allowed access to my boat for 17 weeks this year so far and doubt I will be allowed access this year so as Luke says if you can delay fish pictures for a while that would be good.

Must be very frustrating. At least trailering boats lets you tinker with them at home.

Hi Jon and welcome. 
This is a monumental day for JonC. 
Since he learnt of your arrival this morning he’s been like a dog with two dicks. You will never truly understand the amount of man love JonC has for you. 
All he talks about on WhatsApp is how in awe he is of your legendary tales from Aus. 
I think you’ve really made his day. 
Having said that, I am going to have to double check your IP addresses to make sure your not the same person !!

Good to have you here regardless !