Covid

suzook12

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Hows he feeling Steve? 

Typically, yesterday he felt rough as, yet had a negative test. He got up this morning feeling much better but had a positive test. I think the reality is he has had it a few days yet kept testing negative.....

54 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Typically, yesterday he felt rough as, yet had a negative test. He got up this morning feeling much better but had a positive test. I think the reality is he has had it a few days yet kept testing negative.....

With a LFT apparently the result is often negative if you test when you have symptoms. I guess you have booked him in for a PCR now.

18 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

With a LFT apparently the result is often negative if you test when you have symptoms. I guess you have booked him in for a PCR now.

Yep, we've both just back from having a PCR test, hopefully get results tomorrow so I know if I'm going to work Monday

Good luck to you both Steve, The youngsters do not usually suffer too much, and if you are double jabbed hopefully it won't bother you too much. My friend the fibre glass man felt really rough for a day or so, tested +ve, confirmed by a PCR test, but the next day felt no worse than having a dose of flu. Finishes his 10 day isolation next Wednesday. Geoff.

Cheers folks. The lad is displaying all the sometimes annoying resilience of youth, already has his taste and smell coming back and just downed a 12" pizza.....

I think I may now be coming down with it, we will see. If I am then I hope the jabs do their job, don't fancy a trip to hospital.....

32 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I think I may now be coming down with it, we will see. If I am then I hope the jabs do their job, don't fancy a trip to hospital.....

Let us hope you are OK Steve, personally, being immunosuppressed at the moment, I am terrified of it !

At least I got called to the docs this morning for my Flu Jab 👍

30 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Let us hope you are OK Steve, personally, being immunosuppressed at the moment, I am terrified of it !

At least I got called to the docs this morning for my Flu Jab 👍

Must admit, I didn't fancy my chances pre jab much, asthma and copd and a virus that attacks the repiratory system

17 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Positive LFD test this morning, yet another PCR test and 10 days off work (paid),

Think I'll be spending some quality workshop time soon as stop feeling rough

How are your symptoms today steve? Just the cough still? 

23 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

How are your symptoms today steve? Just the cough still? 

Sort of head cold/flu ish.... Hungover

Strangely, I've just had the covid police on the phone, and they reckon I can still go out and about right up until my PCR test results come back if it's positive. How irresponsible is that? Yet I can't take the lad up the workshop where we will meet no-one.

20 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Sort of head cold/flu ish.... Hungover

Strangely, I've just had the covid police on the phone, and they reckon I can still go out and about right up until my PCR test results come back if it's positive. How irresponsible is that? Yet I can't take the lad up the workshop where we will meet no-one.

That makes no sense at all. 🤷‍♂️

Hope you feel better soon.

My friend who isolating feels fine now, but he said that he does get quite tired when doing exercise (grass cutting). Apart from that he feels ok and is looking forward Wednesday when his iso finishes. I hope you don't suffer too much Steve as I suspect that your PCR test will probably be +ve, but being double jabbed the chances are it will not be any worse than you getting a dose - I mean flu of course. Keep smiling and enjoy workshop isolation.Geoff. :classic_wink: