Covid

suzook12

Well, survived that, at least this time round!!.... Am allowed out to play today tho havent ventured out yet. Still not 100% as yet tho....

Will be out n about later, got to get some pics of a lathe I want to sell (need the space for a mill), and check everything's ok down the workshop..... And a takeaway!!!!!

27 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Great minds eh? I was typing an update when you posted this!! 🤣

Glad to hear you made it out the other side. Hopefully you'll be full of anti-bodies so shouldn't be bothered by it for a good long while now.

Glad you have beat it. 
 When I was poorly a few weeks ago it was just like a bad cold that I seem to get once a year. The only difference was that my body felt cold at times, like I wanted to shiver -which I did. The worst thing though was the heavy phlegm that I couldn’t seem to shake off which is disgusting. 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Glad you have beat it. 
 When I was poorly a few weeks ago it was just like a bad cold that I seem to get once a year. The only difference was that my body felt cold at times, like I wanted to shiver -which I did. The worst thing though was the heavy phlegm that I couldn’t seem to shake off which is disgusting. 

Yeah, this was kinda the mother of all colds, but, without the snot. Biggest factor being total lack of energy

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Covid revisited. Our booster jabs now booked for Nov. 4 and we had our flue jabs today so getting ready for the winter! Geoff. ☺️

Excellent news Geoff!. But heads up that the flu jab seems to be a rotter this year. Mrs135 had it from Boots last week and it hit her hard. Fingers crossed it treats you well 🤞

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Excellent news Geoff!. But heads up that the flu jab seems to be a rotter this year. Mrs135 had it from Boots last week and it hit her hard. Fingers crossed it treats you well 🤞

Uh-oh….

I’ve got mine booked with work as I was hoping to miss the flu this year. I just hope it doesn’t coincide with weather windows….

3 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Uh-oh….

I’ve got mine booked with work as I was hoping to miss the flu this year. I just hope it doesn’t coincide with weather windows….

It gave her a massive headache, almost like a migraine, and 24 hours of lethargy. She's fine now though.

51 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

It gave her a massive headache, almost like a migraine, and 24 hours of lethargy. She's fine now though.

Sorry to hear that she suffered for a day or so, but if it keeps the flu away I think it is still worth it. Anyway 24 hours lethargy does not sound that bad - I am lethargic most of the time nowadays!!! Geoff.:classic_wink:

4 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I have had a 3rd full vac, to be followed by a booster in 5 months time. Also had a flu jab and a pneumonia jab. 

TBF, the consultants nursing team have been really efficient in making sure that I am well protected 👍

They'll be putting you in a condom next!! 🤣